Shipping to Canada
Yes, we do ship to Canada!
- Shipments to Canada incur a customs or brokerage fee. **Brokerage fees, duties and taxes are NOT included in the shipping quotes altE provides. Those are to be paid directly to the Canadian government.
Small Package Shipping
- We now shp internationally with Fedex. If you order online, the brokerage
fees are upfront and clear.
Truck Freight Shipments
- Items that are too large to be shipped by Fedex must be sent by truck freight. It is recommended that the customer locate a broker through which the border crossing is made for the best rate (and then call us). If the customer does not have a broker, altE may be able to recommend a broker. Customers will be required to set up their own account with the broker, as altE will not work on behalf of the customer.
- Item with a truck symbol next to them denote that they must be shipped via truck. Some of the carriers we use include (Con-Way freight, Fed Ex freight, Yellow/Roadway, R & L Carriers etc..) Shipping for these items will not calculate automatically online. To order these items online, simply add them to you cart, place the order and one of our sales reps will be happy to contact you with a shipping quote for your order. We will not ship your order until you have confirmed and accepted the shipping charges.
- When you receive an item via truck freight, you must inspect it BEFORE SIGNING the delivery receipt. If you do not note any possible damage on the delivery receipt, then we will have no recourse with the freight company to get you reimbursed for damages. If the driver is unwilling to wait while you inspect all you items, please mark on the delivery receipt "Concealed Damage Possible".
- Please specify at the time of order, if you will need a lift gate. A lift gate is used to move items down from the truck to ground. If the item is heavy and going to a residential address, you will most likely need one of these.
- We cannot guarantee that the truck driver will help unload your shipment. Most freight companies do not provide an unloading service and trucks will either need to back up to a dock or provide a liftgate for an additional fee.
- Please notify us at time of the order if the ship to address is residential or commercial.