We are no longer offering this product.The below information is presented for informational purposes only. You may also find similar items in the category.
- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
GS-1AC 12-48 Volt, 8A Generator Starter Relay (Open Frame)
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
Used to control the starting and stopping of generators used as backup for battery systems. Generator starts if the battery voltage gets too low, and shuts off when the battery is near full.
This Genset starter monitors the battery voltage,
and when the battery voltage gets too its low setpoint, the unit starts
the generator. When the battery gets to its high setpoint, the unit
stops the generator. The generator may be remotely started and stopped
by dry contact closures, or by its local toggle switch start stop commands.
The setpoints may be temperature compensated with an optional remote
Sequence of Operation on Startup
Sequence of Operation on Shutdown
- When the battery has charged to the user adjustable setpoint, the generator goes through its stop sequence.
- The Generator Stop LED comes on, start light turns off.
- Load: Load Relay opens (with LED off).
- Run: Run relay opens (with LED off) 20 seconds after load relay opens.
- Stop: Stop relay Closes (with LED on) for 10 seconds after run relay opens.
- Generator Stop Voltage
- Generator Start Voltage
- Manual start/stop toggle switch overrides remote smart stop control
- Remote start/stop
- Potentiometers and test points read 1/10 the voltage you wish to start/stop the generator. For example, if the generator is required to start at 23 V, set the start potentiometer for 2.3 V
- Generator start/stop
- Relay position for precrank, crank, load, run, stop, fault
- GS-1 weighs 0.5 lbs. open frame
- GS-2 weighs 8 lbs. NEMA 3R box
- GS-1 measures 5" X 5" X 1" open frame
- GS-2 measures 10" X 8" X 4" NEMA 3R box
- Euro-style Terminal Strip # 12 AWG
- -40 to 60 deg. C
- 0 - 90% non-condensing
Note: In the interest of continuous product improvement specifications subject to change without notice.
Order Model No:
- AC Model: Controls Gensets that have an AC generator
powering a battery charger connected to the battery.
- GS-1AC open frame for mount in user system
- GS-2AC with NEMA 3R enclosure
Special Shipping Note:
All Solar Converter Products are behind in production. These items are usually shipped directly from the manufacturer in Canada. They cannot be shipped by any expedited methods such as UPS Blue or Red. They will generally be shipped via Canadian Express Mail which avoids import brokerage fees of $50-$60. Lead time on these products may be up to 4-6 weeks depending on their production. This is true of all Solar Converters products with the exception of the battery desulphator (item code SORBD-2) that we stock in our warehouse. If you want Solar Converters products to be shipped by normal Canadian Post, but would prefer to have the rest of your order to be shipped by a faster method, please write this information in your order's notes during checkout.
There are no reviews for this product.