- 2023 Solar Installer Conference
- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Delta LA302DC DC Lightning Arrestor, 500V
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|DELLA-DC||Delta Lightning Arrestors||LA302DC|
DC Lightning Arrestor
3 Wire, 500VDC
Rapid response, high current Delta DC Lightning Arrestors protect your sensitive solar or wind energy systems from nearby lightning strikes. The Delta LA Series handles the big surges, like lightning up to 50,000 amps, passing them harmlessly to the ground. The once optional vent valve is now installed on every Delta DC lightning arrestor, which will keep the case from rupturing in the event of the arrestor taking a strike. A small vent on the bottom of the case will open.
While it is not possible to achieve 100% protection, Delta units will greatly reduce problems due to lightning, power surges and voltage spikes. The LA302DC model is ideal for photovoltaic and other limited current DC applications.
- employ a non-conductive base to prevent a blown arrestor from creating a shock hazard
- do not cover adjacent equipment with carbon dust on failing, preventing damage to other equipment
- always fail "clear" to permit continued use of the power system
- are based on a silicon material to provide quicker operation at lower conduction resistance
- will pass a large number of high-energy surges and half-cycle spikes prior to failing
- feature extra long leads to ease installation
- have locknut and bushing furnished
- are available in a variety of voltages or number of poles
LA 302DC Specifications
|Rated Voltage||Design Type||Surge Current||Max. Energy||Leads||Enclosure Rating||Dimensions|
|500 VDC||Silicon Oxide Varistor™||60,000 amps||2,000 Joules
|18" #12 AWG||NEMA 4||2.25" Height, 2.25" Diameter|
Here are some tips from the altE staff
- How many lightning arrestors do I need in a solar system?
- Generally you want to put the lightning arrestor as close to the equipment you are trying to protect as possible. We also recommend that any additional equipment more than 60 ft away from the lightning arrestor have an additional lightning arrestor installed.
Great until you cut them open and find a simple spark gap in a pot of sand
Better than nothing but the Delta lightning protection time has passed.
Before buying this product go to youtube and search on:
Midnight Solar Lightning Lightning Arrestor Comparison.
I am replacing all my 4+ Delta with the SPD.
I hope I never have to test it with Lightning But Im protected & Grounded
how do you know when this device has failed with no lights or alarm i would think you would need some form of Din -rail protection that can be monitored or seen when you open the combiner box etc.
Delta La302 DC Lightning arrestor
About the most simple thing to wire into a system, existing or a new install. Do not take a chance.We live in the lightning capitol of the planet so it`s a no brainer.
Inexpensive insurance with only one small payment !
Indispensable Surge Protection!
Indispensable protection in any RE system!
Easy to install. Price competitive. Can save
costly equipment in the inevitable lightning!