- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Watch our video on Battle Born Lithium Ion Batteries
Battle Born Batteries are American made in Sparks, Nevada using premium lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) cells at the height of lithium ion battery technology. They outperform all other 12V and 24V lithium ion batteries in their class - lasting 3000 cycles at up to 100% depth of discharge, and holding 75-80% of their energy capacity after that. The LiFePO4 cells used provide the safest and most reliable lithium ion chemistry available without the thermal runaway issues found in other lithium technologies - and yet are able to charge 5 times faster than a lead acid.
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)
Deep Cycle Batteries
Battle Born’s 12V lithium ion battery is available in 100 Ah and 50 Ah capacities. The 24V battery is available in 50 Ah capacity.
- Excellent drop-in replacement for lead acid batteries - with 10x the lifespan, 2x the power, and 1/5 the weight
- Maintenance-free, modular, and lightweight
- Holds a charge for up to 1 year without a load, and no need for a trickle charger - great for unattended storage and off-grid vacation homes or seasonal cabins
- Can be wired in series up to 48V
- Unlimited parallel strings
- Built-in Battery Management System (BMS) protects the cells against excessively high or low voltages, high currents, short circuits, and excessive heat or cold
- Automatic cell balancing (by the BMS) reduces the charging rate in cells that have been topped off first, letting the rest of the cells catch up. This ensures that the cells are always in balance, and maintains the quality and efficiency of the battery.
- Protections: high/low voltage; short circuit; high/low temperature
- American made deep cycle battery - designed and assembled in Sparks, Nevada
- 10 year warranty (see DOCUMENTS tab)
|DC Voltage Nominal||12V||24V|
|Useable Capactiy (Amp Hours)||100 Ah||50 Ah|
|Rated Wh Capacity||1200 Wh||600 Wh||1200 Wh|
|Max Discharge Current (C/1)||100A (Continuous)
200A (Surge for 30 sec)
1/2 Second Surge for higher loads
100A (Surge for 30 sec)
1/2 Second Surge for higher loads
|Max Charge Current (C/1)*||100A||50A|
|DC Charging Voltage Range||14.4V – 14.6V||28.4V - 29.2V|
|Depth of Discharge||up to 100%|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 160°F (-20 to 71°C)|
|Charge Temperature||25 to 135°F (4 to 57°C)|
|Cycle Life||5000 (80% DoD)|
|Average Lifespan||13-15 years|
|Lifetime Capacity||300,000 Ah||150,000 Ah|
|Dimensions (L X W X H)||12.75 x 6.8 x 9 inches||7.38 x 7.1 x 9 inches||12.75 x 6.8 x 9 inches|
|Weight||30 lbs||17 lbs||30 lbs|
* NOTE: Lower C rates will extend the battery life. Mfr suggests a C/2 charge as optimal. After 3000 cycles, there will be approximately 75% battery capacity remaining if charging/discharging at C/1 rate.
Battle Born Lithium Iron Phosphate Batteries FAQs:- What size Battery Cable should I use in my system? The size of the load and distance from the battery to the load are important considerations, but as a rule of thumb: 4 AWG wire with max current rating of ~157 amps DC; 1/0 wire with max current rating of ~291 amps DC; 4/0 wire with max current rating of ~ 456 amps DC.
Can these be mounted in any position? Yes. There is no acid inside these batteries, and what small amount of liquid electrolyte there is is contained within sealed cells, so you have the flexibility to mount them in whatever orientation makes the most sense for your application.
How long will it take to charge the battery? The length of time it takes to charge a 12V or 24V lithium ion deep cycle battery depends on the type and size of your charging source, but you can charge a Battle Born LiFePO4 battery up to 5 times faster than a lead acid battery. We recommend that you charge at 50% of the capacity (C/2 rate) to extend the battery’s life (for example, charge the 100Ah battery at no more than 50A). While the battery and BMS can handle charging at 100% the capacity of the battery (C/1 rate), this will reduce its cycle life (our measurements indicate this would result in 2000 cycles with 80% capacity remaining).
What are the charging parameters?
Bulk/Absorption: For your Bulk/Absorption stage, the ideal voltage is between 14.2v-14.6v for the 12V batteries and 28.4v-29.2v for the 24V battery. These ranges will allow the battery to fully charge; any higher than this will put the BMS into a protect mode.
Float: Battle Born batteries do not need to float. Setting your Float voltage to 13.6v or lower will essentially turn it off.
Equalization: Equalization is not recommended. Most chargers let you skip equalization or use a program that does not use it.. If you cannot turn off equalization then adjust the voltage to below 14.6v
Temperature Compensation: We recommend turning temperature compensation off (or setting it to 0) as it is not needed and in some cases, may trigger the BMS to go into protect mode.
- How quickly can I discharge the battery? A Battle Born lithium ion battery will deliver its advertised power even when discharged fully over just one hour (1/C rate), and it will do it thousands of times. Most lead acid batteries are rated at a 20-hour rate (C/20), meaning the rated capacity in amp hours is based on the assumption that you will be discharging it over 20 hours - and if you discharge it over only 10 hours, you will actually get less energy out of it than its rated capacity. With a LiFePO4 battery, it’s much easier to get the rated capacity in real-world conditions.
There are no reviews for this product.