- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels
- Lighting & Fans
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- * Clearance Sale *
Battle Born Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries
|Item code||Brand name||Model number||Volts||Amp Hours|
|BBB100AH12VLFP||Battle Born||Battle Born 100 Ah||12V||100A-H|
See our Video on the NEW
Battle Born Lithium Batteries:
Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4)
Deep Cycle Batteries
Battle Born Batteries are made in Reno, Nevada – the Battle Born State. These LiFePO4 (Lithium Iron Phosphate) batteries are at the height of lithium ion technology. With LiFePO4, you're not going to have the same heat issues that you would have with other Lithium technologies. They are the safest and most reliable chemistry of lithium ion available. They outperform and outlast all other batteries in their class and below their class. And as an added plus - they’re easy on the planet and your wallet. Battle Born batteries are renewable, sustainable green energy batteries. They weigh less, last for more cycles, and they’re made from 100% safe, non toxic, renewable energy that can be charged and discharged over and over again. These batteries are designed to last 3000 cycles up to 100% depth of discharge, at which point the battery will still hold 75 to 80% of its energy capacity.
|DC Voltage Nominal||12V|
|Useable Capactiy (Amp Hours)||100 Ah|
|Rated Wh Capacity||1200 Wh|
|Max Discharge Current (C/1)||100A (Continuous)
200A (Surge for 30 sec)
1/2 Second Surge for higher loads
|Max Charge Current (C/1)*||100A|
|DC Voltage Range||10V – 14.6V|
|Depth of Discharge||up to 100%|
|Operating Temperature||-4 to 135°F (-20 to 57°C)|
|Charge Temperature||25 to 135°F (4 to 57°C)|
|Cycle Life||5000 (80% DoD)|
|Average Lifespan||13-15 years|
|Lifetime Capacity||300,000 Ah|
|Dimensions||12.75 x 6.8 x 9 inches|
* NOTE: Lower C rates will extend the battery life. Mfr suggests a C/2 charge rate (50A) as optimal.
- What size Battery Cable should I use in my system? Size of the load and distance from the battery to the load are important considerations. But as a rule of thumb, use: 4 AWG wire with approximate max rating of of 157 amps DC; 1/0 wire with approximate max rating of 291 amps DC; 4/0 wire with approximate max rating is 456 amps DC.
- Can these be mounted in any position? Yes. There is no acid inside of the battery, and the small amount of liquid electrolyte is contained within each sealed cell. You can decide what is best for your application, which gives you the flexibility to put the battery in places you normally wouldn't.
- How long will it take to charge the battery? The length of time it takes to charge a li-ion deep cycle battery depends on the type and size of your charging source. Typically, you can only charge lead acid batteries below 20% of their actual capacity, this is not true with li-ion. You can charge a Battle Born battery up to 5 times faster, although we only recommend that you charge at 50% of the capacity to extend the life of your battery. Keep in mind that you can charge a 100% the capacity of the battery, this will shorten the cycle life (our measurements indicate this would result in 2000 cycles with 80% capacity remaining) but the battery and the BMS can handle it.
- What are the charging parameters? Bulk/Absorption : For your Bulk/Absorption stage, the ideal voltage is between 14.2v-14.6v. This range will allow the battery to fully charge any higher then this and the built in BMS will send the battery into a protect mode.
Float: Our batteries do not need to float so setting your Float voltage to 13.6v or lower will essentially turn it off.
Equalization: Equalization is not recommended for our batteries. Most chargers will allow you to shut this feature off or use a setting that does not use equalization. If you cannot turn off this mode then you will need to adjust the voltage to below 14.6v
Temperature Compensation: Temperature compensation is not needed with our batteries and in some cases, may trigger the built in BMS to go into protect mode. For this reason, we recommend that temperature compensation be shut off or set to 0.
The rate of discharge is how fast you are pulling power from a battery. It’s important to take this into account because most lead acid batteries are rated at a 20-hour rate – meaning the advertised capacity in amp hours is based on the fact that you will pull the power out slowly over 20 hours. If you discharge the battery in 5 hours you will get less energy out of the battery, then you would at 20 hours.
Our LFP (Lithium Iron Phosphate) batteries will deliver their advertised power even if you discharge them in an hour. Even at a 1C rate the batteries will give you close to 100% of their power. And they will do it thousands of times. A sealed lead acid battery discharged in an hour will give you about 40 amp hours. LFP is a better battery then an AGM battery when it comes to actual battery capacity.
There are no reviews for this product.