- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Puerto Rico Solar Products
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels
- Lighting & Fans
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- * Clearance Sale *
Morningstar ProStar PS-30M 30A, Charge Controller with Display GEN 3
|Item code||Brand name||Model number||Amps|
Morningstar’s ProStar is the world’s leading mid-range solar controller for both professional and consumer applications. This second generation ProStar adds new features and protections using highly advanced technology. These improvements provide longer battery life and improved system performance. The ProStar line of controllers set new standards for reliability and self-diagnostics.
ProStar PWM Charge Controller
12/24V, 30A with Display
The new ProStar is available in 15 or 30 amps, 12/24 or 48 volt, and negative or positive ground. The controller may be paralleled for a solar input rating of up to 300 amps. An optional meter provides an extensive display of self-testing and system status.
- PWM series battery charging (not shunt)
- 3-position battery select: gel, sealed or flooded
- Very accurate control and measurement
- Jumper to eliminate telecom noise
- Tropicalization: conformal coating, stainless steel fasteners & anodized aluminum heat sink
- Current compensated low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- LED’s indicate battery status and faults
- Capable of 25% overloads
- 5 Year Warranty
- Short-circuit — solar and load
- Overload — solar and load
- Reverse polarity
- Reverse current at night
- High voltage disconnect
- High temperature disconnect
- Lightning and transient surge protection
- Loads protected from voltage spikes
- Automatic recovery with all protections
New gen 3 improvements (vs Gen 2):
- RJ-11 MeterBus Port
- Data Logging up to 265 days
- Lighting Control
- Adjustable Load Control
- 7 Standard Charge Settings (vs. 3 on Gen2)
- Custom Settings
- Firmware Updates
- Protective Terminal Cover
- Eliminate PWM Noise in One Step
- Multi-Lingual Graphical Meter Option
- Compliant with IEC 62109
ProStar Model Specifications:* Clicking on the model number will take you to that item's product page
|ProStar-15 Amp with Meter
|ProStar-30 Amp with Meter
|Rated Solar Current||15 Amps||15 Amps||30 Amps||30 Amps|
|Rated Load Current||15 Amps||15 Amps||30 Amps||30 Amps|
|System Voltage||12 / 24 Volts||12 / 24 Volts||12 / 24 Volts||12 / 24 Volts|
|Weight: 12oz (0.34 kg)|
|Wire Size: #6 AWG (16 mm²)|
ProStar controller part numbers that end with an 'M' feature the optional digital meter display (PS-15M, PS-30M, PS-15M-48V).
- Highly accurate voltage and current display
- Low self-consumption (1 mA)
- Includes manual disconnect button
- Displays 5 different protection functions and disconnect conditions
- Self-diagnostics (self-test) provides a comprehensive test of the ProStar —
- Displays 9 different controller status parameters, including temperature
- Displays detected faults
Optimized Battery Charging:
The ProStar has 4 stages of charging to provide increased battery capacity and life.
Listen to what Morningstar Corp has to say about their own product!
MORNINGSTAR PROSTAR PS-30M 30A, CHARGE CONTROLLER WITH DISPLAY
My MORNINGSTAR PROSTAR PS-30M 30A, CHARGE CONTROLLER WITH DISPLAY allover a sudden stopped displaying anything. ie indicators or even the display.
I have used it for about 2 years now.
Prostar 30 with display
Easy to setup Very reliable One word Awesome It does everything it is susposed to do I love it !
Morningstar Prostar PS-30M 30A 12/24 Charge Controller
The unit was very easy to install,Looks nice ,has the meter to read out your system voltage-amps and DC Loads which scrolls so at a glance you know whats going on at anytime.
The feature for type battery Gel,AGM,or Flooded cell is also great because if you have fl...
Read the full review
This model was purchased to replace a defective solar controller which was being repaired under warranty. With the Morningstar Ps-30M, we were not having to draw from the power company at times of continuous overcast. With the former controller, the hour meter indicated that the batteries were ex...
Read the full review
I have (2) 80 watt panels feeding (3) 12 volt batteries in parallel. I use the charge controller to keep things in order. I have (3) 7 watt CF lights in various rooms that light the whole area at night (plus reading lights). We call it emergency lighting. The controller has done an excellent (tro...
Read the full review