- * Clearance Sale *
- Books & Educational Videos
- Cables & Wiring
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Foldable / Flexible Solar Panels
- Inverter Power Panels
- Lighting & Fans
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Solar Water Heating
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines & River Turbines
Conext XW MPPT 60A Solar Charge Controller, XW-MPPT60-150
|Item code||Brand name||Model number||Amps|
Conext MPPT 60 150
Solar Charge Controller
The Conext MPPT 60 150 is a photovoltaic (PV) charge controller that tracks the maximum power point of a PV array to deliver the maximum available current for charging batteries. When charging, the MPPT 60 150 regulates battery voltage and output current based on the amount of energy available from the PV array and state-of-charge of the battery.
The Conext MPPT 60 150 can be used with 12, 24, 36, 48, and 60-volt DC battery systems and is able to charge a lower nominal-voltage battery from a higher nominal-voltage array. For example, it can charge a 12-volt battery from a 36-volt array. This provides flexibility for installers to use longer wiring runs without compromising efficiency. The Conext Solar Charge Controller can be installed (in single or multi-unit configurations) with Conext XW Plus Inverter/Charger(s) or can be used in other solar energy systems where a solar charge controller is needed.
The Conext MPPT 60 150 incorporates a dynamic Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) algorithm designed to maximize energy harvest from the PV array. The MPPT constantly adjusts the operating points of the array to ensure it stays on the maximum power point. It does not stop energy harvest to sweep the array like some other competing products. This feature is beneficial all sunlight conditions, especially in areas with fast moving cloud cover and quickly changing solar conditions.
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) delivers maximum available power from PV array to battery bank
- Integrated PV ground-fault protection
- Ultra-reliable, convection-cooled design does not require a cooling fan − large, aluminum, die-cast heat-sink allows full output current up to 45°C without thermal derating
- Selectable two or three-stage charging algorithms with manual equalization to maximize system performance and improve battery life
- Configurable auxiliary output
- Two-line, 16-character liquid crystal display (LCD) and four buttons for configuration and system monitoring
- Input over-voltage and under-voltage protection, output over-current protection, and backfeed (reverse current) protection (warning and fault messages appear on LCD when unit shuts down as a protective measure)
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when output power and ambient temperature are high
- Battery Temperature Sensor (BTS) included − automatically provides temperaturecompensated battery charging
- Xanbus™-enabled network communications protocol (developed by Xantrex)
- Communicates settings and activity to other Xanbus™-enabled devices, such as the XW Hybrid Inverter/Charger, the XW System Control Panel (XW SCP), XW Automatic Generator Start (XW AGS), and other XW Solar Charge Controllers.
- Five-year warranty
|Nominal battery voltage||12, 24, 36, 48, 60 Vdc|
|Maximum PV array voltage (operating)||140 Vdc|
|Maximum PV array open circuit voltage||150 Vdc|
|Array short-circuit current||60 Adc maximum|
|Maximum and minimum wire size in conduit||#6 AWG to #14 AWG|
|Total power consumption while operating||2.5 W (tare)|
|Charger regulation method:||Three-stage (bulk, absorption, float)|
|Two-stage (bulk, absorption)|
|Dimensions (H × W × D)||14 ½ × 5 ¾ × 5 ½” (368 × 146 × 138 mm)|
|Weight (Controller only)||10.75 lb (4.8 kg)|
|Weight (shipping)||17.6 lb (8 kg)|
|Shipping dimensions (H × W × D)||19 × 9 × 9 ¾” (483 × 229 × 350 mm)|
|Mounting||Vertical wall mount|
|Standard warranty||Five years|
|Enclosure type||Indoor, ventilated, sheet metal chassis with 7/8”and 1”|
|(22.22 mm and 27.76 mm) knockouts and aluminum heat-sink|
|Operating temperature range (full power)||-4 to 113 °F (-20 to +45 °C)|
|Storage temperature||-40 to 185 °F (-40 to +85 °C)|
|Altitude limit (operating)||Sea level to 15,000 feet (4572 m) @ 15 °C|
|XW System Control Panel||865-1050|
|XW Automatic Generator Start||865-1060|
|3 feet (0.9 m)||809-0935|
|10 feet (3.0 m)||809-0938|
|Network terminators:||Male (two per pack): 809-0901|
|Female (two per pack): 809-0905|
Certified to UL 1741 1st Edition and to CSA 107.1-01 and carries the c(CSA)us mark
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Malfunctioned but good support
Mine began malfunctioning after less than a year of use in my jungle location, but Xantrex (Shneider) replaced it under warranty. I really like the charge controller, and the menus and manual were helpful and not too difficult to figure out. Getting thick cables routed into the electrical connect...
Read the full review
Lots of information
Works like a charm,very little baby sitting.
Once set up ,Provides massive ammounts of data via front screen and over xanbuss network
Great charge controller, has built in MPPT technology and data logging capabilities. Nice upgrade from a PWM charge controller with a 10-15% increase in power harvested, especially in winter months.
xantrex xw charge controller
This is an excellent choice, and the support via internet is excellent. The wiring diagrams were in conflict with each other with respect to stacking inverters and charge controllers, but the system protected itself, and the internet based updated manuals corrected the error while not proactively...
Read the full review
Disappointed in altE store and their tech support!
I'm not just disappointed in the performance of this MPPT controller, I'm also disappointed in altE store for recommending this mppt charge controller. I bought all of the components to my off grid system from the altE store. The mistake I made was asking them to recommend the correct MP...
Read the full review