- 2019 Solar Installer Conference
- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Puerto Rico Solar Products
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- * Clearance Sale *
Morningstar PC MeterBus Adapter
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
PC Meterbus Adapter (MSC)
Morningstar's PC Meterbus Adapter (MSC) converts a controller's meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment. The MSC may be used with any Morningstar controller or inverter equipped with a meter connection that does not also already have a RS-232 port.
By converting to RS-232, the MSC allows Morningstar's controllers and inverters to communicate with a variety of third party serial enabled devices such as:
- A PC running Morningstar's MS View software or any other compatible software.
- A serial enabled device such as an internet gateway.
- Another MODBUS enabled hardware device at the site that needs to access solar system information.
- Battery Voltage (including minimum and maximum)
- Solar charge current to the battery
- Load current from the battery
- Accumulated solar and load amp hours
- Charge Stage
- Errors and alarms
- Local and battery temperature
- Data logging files
The MSC is sold as a kit that includes the following: PC Meterbus Adapter, RS-232 cable with connectors: 1.8 meters (5.9 feet), RJ-11 cable with connectors: 1 meter (3.3 feet)
WARRANTY: 5 years
Hit and Miss
While the hardware works as expected, frankly I expected more from the MSView software. Its terrible. It lacks any sort of user friendly features and should be modernized.
The main reason I bought this was to update my controllers firmware. I updated my SunSaver MPPT with no issues, s...
Read the full review
Does exactly what it is supposed to do!
Although a very small device, it works great with my Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT solar charge controller. Basically this device converts the RJ11 signal from the charge controller to RS-232 signals that can be logged with a PC.
The Morningstar MS-View software (free download) then reads...
Read the full review