- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Wiley WEEB Grounding Lug with WEEB-8.0 Clip
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|WILWEEB-LUG-8.0||Wiley Electronics||WEEB LUG 8.0|
WEEB Lug 8.0
Solar Panel Grounding Lug
* For use with 5/16" mounting hardware (not included)
The WEEBLug is a device for grounding the anodized aluminum or other metal components of a PV array. The WEEBLug consists of two parts: a stainless steel washer (WEEB-8.0) and a tin-plated copper lug. The washer is designed to provide a reliable gas-tight electrical connection with anodized aluminum pieces. The WEEBLug may also be used with any metal surface for which a standard copper lug may be used. The lug allows the lay-in connection of an equipment ground conductor. The WEEBLug may be attached to the top of a mounting rail with a captive bolt, or fastened to any aluminum piece after drilling a suitable size clearance hole.
Usage: Insert a stainless steel bolt in the aluminum rail or through the clearance hole in the aluminum peice. Place the WEEB washer on the bolt, oriented so that the teeth will contact the aluminum piece. Place the lug on the bolt over the WEEB washer. Install the stainless steel washers and nut. Tighten the nut until the WEEB teeth are completely embedded in the aluminum and the lug is flat against the body of the WEEB (10 ft-lb / 13.5N-m). The embedded teeth make a gas-tight connection and thus ensure reliable electrical conduction between the aluminum and the lug.
How is this safer?
The WEEBLug and other members of the WEEB family are design to conduct thousands of amps safely. When they do fail - at extremely high currents - the WEEB washers fail in a safe manner. Most of the heat is generated right at the teeth so they and the surrounding aluminum melt and open just like a fuse. Because the washer is sandwiched between two large metal pieces, the small amount of melted material is safely contained.
Why Should I Use WEEBS?
- It saves you time!
- ...No more running ground wire to every PV module.
- It's safe.
- ...Meets UL467 requirements for bonding/grounding systems.
- It's reliable.
- ...Patented design features stainless steel teeth that pierce into anodized aluminum, providing a gas tight connection which prevents oxidation.
- ...Gives more consistent results than the method of scraping off the anodized coating by hand and using star washers.
There are no reviews for this product.