- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Wiley WEEB Bonding Jumper 6.7 - Electrical Splice
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|WILWEEB-BNDJUMP||Wiley Electronics||WEEB-Bonding Jumper 6.7|
WEEB-6.7 Bonding Jumper
Long rails for roof mount installations are sometimes constructed from two shorter rail sections with a mechanical splice. It is then necessary to also make an electrical splice, which can be done with a WEEB Bonding Jumper as shown below.
For extremely long rails, the manufacturers generally recommend that the mechanical splice be connected at only one end. This allows for thermal expansion. When installing the electrical splice on spliced rails that require provisions for thermal expansion, install the WEEB Bonding Jumper with some slack in the tin-plated copper braid.
9.0" overall length, 8.3" hole-to-hole on center, 0.257" hole, 1/4 inch hardware included
What is a WEEB?
WEEB stands for "Washer, Electrical Equipment Bonding". The WEEB family of products are used to bond solar modules to solar mounts. The mounts are then grounded so the entire assembly is grounded. The WEEB family consists of six products: WEEB-9.5, WEEB-DMC, WEEB-PMC, WEEB-SMC, WEEB-UMC, and WEEBLug.
Why Should I Use WEEBS?
- It saves you time!
- ...No more running ground wire to every PV module.
- It's safe.
- ...Meets UL467 requirements for bonding/grounding systems.
- It's reliable.
- ...Patented design features stainless steel teeth that pierce into anodized aluminum, providing a gas tight connection which prevents oxidation.
- ...Gives more consistent results than the method of scraping off the anodized coating by hand and using star washers.
All WEEB products have been tested according to UL467 and are listed with Intertek, a National Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL). The products use patent pending technology for bonding anodized aluminum surfaces together. Bonding PV modules to a mounting structure removes the need to wire the modules separately: just the mounting structure needs to be wired to ground.
- In the box: Wiley Electronics WEEB Rail Electrical Splice
What's in the box
There are no reviews for this product.