- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Real Goods Solar Living Sourcebook
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
Solar Living Sourcebook
Regularly updated since 1982, the Real
Goods Solar Living Sourcebook, by John Schaeffer, is the complete guide to renewable
energy, sustainable living, alternative transportation, natural and
green building, homesteading, energy conservation, and off-the-grid
14th Edition, 463 pages
This book has been completely revised - in it's 14th edition now- written by experts in the solar field with decades of hands-on experience. It includes expanded information on permaculture, biodynamics, the Transition Movement, urban homesteading, and emergency preparedness - plus maps, wiring diagrams, formulas, charts, electrical code specs/regulations/requirements, solar sizing worksheets, and much more. Scientific American calls it "the latest nuts-and-bolts information on how to harvest renewable energy in a variety of ways depending on need."
If you to know how to make sustainable and off-the-grid living a reality, this book contains everything you need. With over 600,000 copies in print worldwide, it is the most comprehensive resource available for anyone interested in lessening their environmental footprint and increasing energy independence.
The Solar Living Sourcebook is fully indexed, with thousands of pictures and diagrams. It has been described by many as a "Desert Island Book" - a must-have if you're going to be stranded on a deserted island.
14th Edition chapters:
- Relocalization: A Strategic Response to Peak Oil & Climate Change
- Land and Shelter: Designing and Building Your Green Dream Home
- Sunshine to Electricity: Creating Renewable Energy with Solar, Wind and Hydroelectric Power
- From Panel to Plug: How to Get Your Renewable Energy Source Powering Your Appliances
- Emergency Preparedness and Solar Mobility: Be Empowered When the Grid Goes Down
- Energy Conservation: Super-efficient Lighting, Heating, and Cooling are the First Steps
- Water Development: Reckoning with Our Most Precious and Endangered Resource
- Water Heating: The Most Cost-Effective Solar Alternative
- Water and Air Purification: Clean Water and Air are Human Rights
- Composting Toilets & Grey Water Systems: Novel, Safe, and Clean Solutions to an Age-Old Human Issue
- Regenerative Homesteading and Farming: Growing Your Own Organically Using Permaculture Principles While Living the Good Life
- Urban Homesteading: Heirloom Skills for Sustainable Living
- Sustainable Transportation: Toward a Future of Carbon-Free Mobility
- Natural Burial: The Ultimate Back-To-The-Land Movement
- The Real Goods Sustainable Living Library: Reading for a Renewable Future
best single source I've ever found on the technologies, philosophies,
and the lifestyle changes we must embrace in order for our species to
survive and thrive into the future."
WOODY HARRELSON, environmentalist, actor
"...the latest nuts-and-bolts information on how to harvest renewable energy in a variety of ways depending on need."
"...an owner's manual for regenerating our earth, skies and water
... a masterwork on re-inhabitation ... the best manual you could
PAUL HAWKEN, Author of Drawdown and Blessed Unrest
"...I have always recommended the Solar Living Sourcebook as the
#1 source, indeed the Bible, for all things solar and sustainable. Bravo
to the 14th edition, it's the best one yet!"
ED BEGLEY Jr., Actor, environmental activist
"...If you're interested in understanding alternative energy
sources and sustainable lifestyles, Real Goods offers the most
comprehensive, enlightening & entertaining resource in the world ...
an indispensable resource on the bookshelf of anyone seriously
interested in helping save our habitat."
BRYAN WELCH, publisher, Mother Earth News, and author, Beautiful and Abundant
"...This masterful compendium pulls it all together and gives
everyone what we need to get off the grid and democratize clean energy."
KENNY AUSUBEL, CEO and founder, Bioneers
"...This book is our blueprint for both the present and future, if our species is to survive into the 22nd century."
THOM HARTMANN, NY Times bestselling author and talk show host
"...Here in one book is everything you need... a treasure trove you'll find yourself returning to time and again."
RICHARD HEINBERG, Senior Fellow, Post Carbon Institute, and author, The End of Growth
"...John is a sustainability and solar industry pioneer... his
visionary actions and ideas [are] good news for our environment, economy
and national security."
NAT KREAMER, chairman, Solar Energy Industries Association, White House Champion of Change, and CEO, Clean Power Finance
"...Buy this book. It can change your life for the better. And the world, too."
DENIS HAYES, President, Bullitt Foundation.
There are no reviews for this product.