Roy Byrer's posts

Posted by Roy Byrer on Sep 15, 2009 10:36 am

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Which way to go-where to start?
I am fairly new at all this and I feel like my head is about to explode trying to calculate cost/savings and where to start! After Much reading, I think solar water heating may give me the best cost/benefit ratio and a good starting point. 
I'm one of those guys who always thinks more is better, so I was thinking: If I'm going to all this trouble, why not just install extra collectors and use the solar  heated water for supplemental home heating as well? I did notice that altE does not offer any solar hot water space heating items. Is there a reason for this? Is the solar air heater the way to go for this purpose? I live in the southeast, so winters are mild to moderate. I currently use all electric with propane as a backup heat source for power outages.  For a long time I was leaning heavily towards a whole house propane tankless water heater, but my instincts tell me we are looking at a BIG rise in all energy costs in the near future.
Any suggestions(not limited to just water heaters) from those with more experience would be appreciated.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!