Ross Nizlek's posts

Posted by Ross Nizlek on Nov 9, 2005 05:11 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Wiring panels together
Here's the general idea of what I'm trying to do:

I have a 102W panel wired to a 35 amp hour battery through a Morningstart Sunsaver 10 charge controller in my college dorm room.

During my vacation break, I want to take the panel home, but I don't want to bring back all the wiring, charge controller, battery, etc.

So I happened to acquire a Trace Microsine.  What I figured I could do is bring the 102W panel and my old 20W back and do something of a guerilla solar installation for the month I'll be home.  Ever paying the costs back is not an issue, the costs for all the equipment was paid for by profits I made be selling some extra Microsines I found on eBay.

Apparently, the idea of wiring the panels together isn't going to work, but I contacted Solar Controllers, Inc, and they recommended a pump controller they said they had used for a similar purpose and would hold the voltage at around the MPPT tracking point.

So it seems that I have a solution to the problem, I'm going to order their product and hopefully that will take care of the issue.

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Posted by Ross Nizlek on Nov 5, 2005 09:00 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Wiring panels together
Thanks for your help.  I have another related question.

I am trying to wire these panels to a Trace Microsine MS100, which is a small scale utility intertie inverter.  The Microsine requires a 24v input and uses MPPT.  Would it be acceptable to just wire the 102W, 12v panel with the 12 to 24 volt DC converter availible from Altenergystore?  I would assume that wouldn't bother the MPPT function of the inverter?

Thanks!

Ross

Posted by Ross Nizlek on Oct 31, 2005 09:10 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Wiring panels together
I have two solar panels, both 12v, a 20W and a 102W.  I need to connect them to an inverter that requires 24v DC energy.  I assume if I wire them in-line (that is negative of one panel to the inverter, positive of that panel to the negative of the other, and the positive of that panel to the inverter) it would produce 24v DC for my needs?  My only concern was I wasn't sure if both panels have to be the same size - does it matter that they are different?

Thanks!

Posted by Ross Nizlek on Oct 31, 2005 09:05 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Wanted > Trace Microsine Inverters
I am willing to pay up to $200 for anyone looking to sell Trace Microsine utility intertie inverters.  They also have gone by the name NKF OK4U.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!