Raymond Walker's posts

Posted by Raymond Walker on Oct 25, 2008 06:23 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com

California publishes a list of Wind Turbine Mfg.s that qualify for the wind rebate.
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/cgi-bin/eligible_smallwind.cgi

Don't you think it is a little peculiar that a California based company would not qualify their machine for the substantial rebates and incentives available in their home state ?

Yes! I think that is a fair question. I asked them why by clicking on their comments and questions link and received this reply:

"The WindMaster was introduced in late March. It went into production about 30 days later. The three versions, high wind, medium wind and low wind models were introduced in late June. The three rotor choices in early August.

All models were then sent out for testing by an engineering firm recommended by Metlabs. Those tests are complete and the results have been sent to several pertinent agency's including California's CEC.

We fully expect our products to be listed with the CEC (and other like agency's across the country) by Jan 1st when the following new credits are available,

Small wind energy property

* Maximum credit of $500 per half kilowatt, not to exceed $4,000. 
    * Systems must be placed in service from January 1, 2008, through December 31, 2016. 
    * In case of joint occupancy, the maximum qualifying costs that can be taken into account by all occupants for figuring the credit is $1,667 per half kilowatt, not to exceed $13,333. This does not apply to married individuals filing a joint return. The credit that may be claimed by each individual is proportional to the costs he or she paid. 
    * The home served by the system does not have to be the taxpayer’s principal residence.

Thank you for your interest in Freetricity"

That seems to make sense to me.

Posted by Raymond Walker on Oct 25, 2008 05:53 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com

B) You don't take a rotor that is sized for a 900W or 1kW machine and slap it on a 300-400W machine, nor vise-versa. 

I'm sure you will post some sort of proof that that is indeed the case. From looking at their website I see different models, different voltages, etc.

I see nothing that supports your one generator any rotor claim. What I did see is they offer low, medium and high wind versions that I assume are related to the rotor choice.

And I also agree that letting people decide is the best choice. I personally think that the AES's store comes out on the short end of it.

Posted by Raymond Walker on Oct 25, 2008 05:19 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com

Raymond (or whatever your name is)

That stretches credibility. On the slight chance that it is true, I apologize to the AltE store, for costing them the sale.

Freetricity smells. It reminds me of snake oil.

Thank you for making my point for me! And I agree you are the best spokesperson for whatever your agenda might be.

Posted by Raymond Walker on Oct 25, 2008 12:05 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com
Douglas
I can only think of two types of people that would try to compare a Windmaster to both the AirX and the Whisper.
1) Someone who is totally ignorant of wind turbine design
2) A Freetricity distributor or employee
Which one (or both) are you ?

This thread says way more about the Alternative Energy Store than it could ever possibly say about Freetricity and you Ken are one of the reasons why.

All the previous poster stated were the prop sizes (easily verifiable) of the different wind turbines and you let your own "ignorance" get the better of you by attacking not only his knowledge (which seems to be greater than yours) but whether he works for Freetricity (a common and misplaced theme during these 44 pages).

If the Alternative Energy Store hopes (and it obviously does) that this thread will make Freetricity look bad its (AES's) judgment is seriously flawed as just the opposite has happened!

When a new visitor (like me) comes to this site and clicks on the Freetricity link in the community (an attractive link as everyone wants freetricity) what they get is a very unattractive impression of the Alternative Energy Store!

I came here to buy solar panels but I wouldn't touch this place with a ten foot pole now.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!