Paul Hearsey's posts

Posted by Paul Hearsey on Jan 12, 2009 10:00 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Revolutionary Non-Fuel Electric Engine - NEW - Recorded with U.S. Govt.
What is the matter with the education system today? How is it possible in 2009 that seemingly intelligent adults believe in perpetual motion? 1809 perhaps, but 2009? Here's a suggestion: get your brilliant idea onto the market right away, patent or no patent. Asian manufacturers do this all the time. If it's a good idea it will take off. NOTHING can take the place of an honest-to-goodness working product. Paul

Posted by Paul Hearsey on Jan 12, 2009 09:35 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: function of a voltage regulator
You know, trying to heat water with such a small generator just doesn't seem sensible. That's a pretty expensive way to get the job done when you consider the typical hot water tank has a 3000W element. I don't think you'll be happy with the extremely modest amount of hot water produced. I'm planning to install the very same generator in an existing photovoltaic setup, to keep the battery bank charged and minimize the use of the backup generator, and here the modest generator output is actually significant to the system. If I were you I'd think about a larger storage tank coupled to a coil in your woodstove's firebox (I'm assuming you have a woodstove?) which would produce tons of hot water for less investment. I'm doing to do that later this year. Using electricity to heat air or water is just about the worst thing (economically) you can do. Just my two cents worth. Good luck!  Paul

Posted by Paul Hearsey on Jan 12, 2009 01:52 am

#3 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Chinese PV panels
Hello out there! Are there any Canadians here? For our U.S. friends, we have fewer choices up here when it comes to alternative energy products. The prices are significantly higher and there are practically NO rebate programs. Let's face it; the U.S. is years ahead of us!

A line of photovoltaic panels from Shanghai, China are being advertised on Ebay.ca . The ones I looked at are 230 watt monocrystalline at a price that can't be beat (about $5.00 a watt at a time when Canadians are paying about $7.75 a watt, taxes included). The brand is SSEC. Does anyone know anything about the new Chinese products? Is the quality there? I DO know the Chinese manufacture first-rate evacuated-tube hot water collectors. Have YOU bought any Chinese photovoltaic products? Would you buy them again? I'm planning to install at least a full KW of array, so of course I'm shopping around. Thanks to all! Paul

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!