Parker Jardine's posts

Posted by Parker Jardine on Nov 13, 2007 12:10 am

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Best Roof Flush Mount System
I am going to buy a roof flush mount system for my solar panels.  What brand has the best quality and other features?  Unirac solar mount, 2Seas, or Power-Fab?  And why?  Thanks.

Posted by Parker Jardine on Oct 4, 2007 05:58 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Multiple Solar Panel String Scenario
I have 30 cells in each module.  So approx 16.5vmp.  Ok, so I should use a different combiner box, and or charge controller.  But lets pretend that I combined them together.  What really would happen?  It sounds like if someone could solve this problem, they could strike it rich.  Because in 10 years, when we all want to add more panels to our system, are we really going to be able to buy the same panels?  Thank you for your help.

-Parker

Posted by Parker Jardine on Oct 4, 2007 01:25 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Multiple Solar Panel String Scenario
Ok, I have two sunwise OEM40 solar panels that I purchased a few years back.  Recently for a project, I contructed two of my own solar panels with a nominal voltage 0f 16.5 volts.  I want to combine the two strings into a parallel connection in my pspv combiner box.  However, I know this is not recommend, but what are the effects?  One string lowers the voltage of the other string?  What if a person purchases a set of solar panels, and then in the future he or she wants to buy more, but the voltages dont match with the new panels? Either because of manufacuring changes or product discontinuation?

Posted by Parker Jardine on Oct 3, 2007 04:55 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Multiple Solar Panel String Scenario
I am curious about the effects of combining multiple strings of solar panels into a combiner box that have different voltages and amperage.   I am assuming this is bad right?  What are the effects?  Would a separate charge controller/cable run be required?

Thank you.

Parker Jardine

Posted by Parker Jardine on May 17, 2007 07:05 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Waterproof Junction Box?
I want to drill a 2 inch hole in my workshop wall. And then run a length of conduit from my DC500 outback box out through the new hole .  I then want to conect the conduit to some sort of a junction box outside.  This would be where my ground cable exits to connect to the ground rod, solar enters the building, and AC from the grid enters the building.  How do people accomplish this? And do they use an outdoor NEMA enclosure box?  Thanks in advance.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!