Marcin Rzeszotko's posts

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Oct 28, 2010 09:07 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Re: Solar charger controller question??
I purchased Morningstar MPPT 60A, and will probably configure them in 24v setup since this is how they are connected right now to my grid tie inverter.  Thanks for all your suggestions

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Oct 26, 2010 11:30 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Re: Solar charger controller question??
Here are the specs for my panels:

Power (W)      210 Watts
Open Circuit Voltage (V)    22.80 Voc
Short Circuit Current (A)    12.11 Isc
Maximum Power Voltage (V)    18.30 Vmp
Maximum Power Current (A)    11.48 Imp

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Oct 25, 2010 08:58 am

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Re: Solar charger controller question??
I was gonna try to use them as my power back up for my house, since there's 25 of them, i think that's enough for a back up. Also 24volt power inverter is something i was thinking of using, not sure if i should go with pure sine or just modified. I have few upses so i guess i dont really need pure sine.  Let me know.  thanks

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Oct 22, 2010 05:42 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Solar charger controller question??
Hi Guys,

I have 840watts off solar panels, and 25 12v 72a/h deep cycle batteries, and I'm wandering if my solars will be capable of charging all those batteries and if so what charge controller should I use?  Thanks in advance.

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 27, 2009 06:31 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: My Solar Project !!! (Questions)

James,

There's has to be some other alternative, I know that there are tie in inverters that require lower voltage DC to turn on, that would allow me to get cheaper panels that run around $500.  I was hoping to figure this whole plan before year end to get tax credit for 2009, but it will take me some more time.

I appreciate all of yours knowledgeable replies.  Thanks a lot to everybody.

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 16, 2009 12:31 pm

#6 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: My Solar Project !!! (Questions)
- 400w because i was gonna purchase  two 200watt panels
- yes i do have intentions to expand
- initially i was gonna do a grid tie system ( i still might), i'm kind of leaning towards something of a hybrid, meaning to be grid tied but then automatically switch to battery backup when/if power goes out, but for now i would start with just grid tied system.
- i would most likely install those on my roof since it perfectly faces south, if not then my wide opened backyard.
- my average daily wattage load is ~10Kwatts

thanks

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 10, 2009 05:40 pm

#7 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: My Solar Project !!! (Questions)
What solar modules would you recommend for a beginner's 400watt system?
thanks

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 10, 2009 08:59 am

#8 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: My Solar Project !!! (Questions)
This is very well explained, and I actually came across mppt controller and figured that this would be something I would need to use with my unmatching choices, but then it makes me think why they produce solar panels (18vdc) that are kind of not compatible with anything unless you use a controller(mppt) that has it own brain to figure things out.

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 9, 2009 05:46 pm

#9 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: My Solar Project !!! (Questions)
thank you very much for all your tips and links mr. Cormican, I still have ways to go, looks like it.
According to that last link you posted it seems that if I would put together array which is 18v nominal and vmp at 29vdc then i would need to set my charge controller to 24vdc, right?
thanks

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 9, 2009 04:37 pm

#10 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: My Solar Project !!! (Questions)
I dont know if anybody looked at the first post where i included the link with the battery, it states that it is 18volts battery with 28.8v at maximum power and 36volts open circuit, does 18volts mean under load?.  So i would assume that any 12/24/48vdc switchable charge controller should be able to handle it, right?

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 9, 2009 12:49 pm

#11 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: My Solar Project !!! (Questions)
thanks I did see those videos.  My question was if i can connect those pv panels that are rated for 18v to 12v charge controller, or does it have to variable charge controller?

Posted by Marcin Rzeszotko on Dec 8, 2009 06:31 pm

#12 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > My Solar Project !!! (Questions)
Hi guys i'm new to this and i'm little unsure to some of the concepts on solar panels.
I'm looking into buying 2 of those:  http://www.altestore.com/store/Solar-Panels/150-Watts-Up-Solar-Panels/Canadian-Solar-Inc-CS6P-190-190W-e-Module-Solar-Panel/p7014/  and installing the in parallel, it says they're are 18V, so is ok if I connected them to bank of batteries that output 12vdc or would i have to configure my batteries in a different pattern, also what kind of charge controller would i need to get?, a variable one? that accepts voltage between 12 and 24vdc? But my main concern is connecting solar panels to batteries, how do i configure that?  I would imagine 12vdc goes to 12vdc batteries but why do they make 18vdc?
thanks

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!