M D Mitchell's posts

Posted by M D Mitchell on Nov 28, 2008 07:19 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: What kind of wind turbine is this?
Hi Bruce,

I found your project on the internet, and I am quite impressed.

I already sent an email to David Robison, but couldn't find your contact information, so I thought I might catch you here.

I work on an Wolfe's Neck Farm in Freeport, Maine.  We are a 626 acre non-profit farm on the coast of Maine committed to sustainable agriculture, and we are currently pursuing grants to develop our solar/wind facilities.  We can't talk seriously about sustainable agriculture without also addressing energy.  We get good prevailing winds off the ocean, and our data indicates our site is promising for wind power.

We are currently sponsoring a series of talks on wind and solar energy as well, the next on January 22nd features former Governor Angus King of Maine, a wind power advocate.  Dr. Richard Komp, the president of the Maine Solar Energy Association, was our first speaker November 20th.

I saw the article on your vertical windmills and was impressed.  I am wondering what the price will be for the product?  Also, what will the availability be?

What would the possibility be of being a dealer/demo site for your product?  We are focused on agriculture and environmental education here at the farm.  This summer we will be launching our Green Energy Fellows program which will train 20 high school students in constructing solar and wind energy projects.  Each year we have more than 7000 children come to the farm for visits, field trips, farm school, and camp programs. 

Our goal is to take the word "alternative" out of solar and wind energy, and build a culture that actively plans, purchases, and constructs renewable energy facilities.

As a Maine Army National Guard combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom ('04-'05), who is scheduled to return for another tour of duty in 2010, I believe it is a pressing issue for our nation to develop personal, local, regional, and national sources of energy to ease the political pressures on the political and military control and influence of the oil producing areas of the world.

Please let me know about your windmill and what we can do to be involved.

I am hopeful your prices will be accessible for small organizations.

All the Best,
M D "Mitch" Mitchell
Education Director
Wolfe's Neck Farm
Freeport, Maine 

www.wolfesneckfarm.org
mmitchell @ wolfesneckfarm . org  (take spaces out to reply)

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!