Larry Lupole's posts

Posted by Larry Lupole on Apr 8, 2011 05:30 pm

#1 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: Diversion load water heater
There are usually two 4500 or 3500 watt elements in an ordinary HW heater.
The original element is 3800 watts.
a dedicated breaker would be a better safety backup...
I do plan on having a dedicated breaker for this diversion unit. My system is still pretty small so I don't expect to get much hot water at first. But next year I will be adding more panels and hopefully, my system will reach a size of 2 kilowatts. Thank you very much for your help.

Posted by Larry Lupole on Apr 8, 2011 05:15 pm

#2 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: Diversion load water heater
There are usually two 4500 or 3500 watt elements in an ordinary HW heater.
The original element is 3800 watts. I do plan on having a dedicated breaker for this diversion unit. My system is still pretty small so I don't expect to get much hot water at first. But next year I will be adding more panels and hopefully, my system will reach a size of 2 kilowatts.     

Posted by Larry Lupole on Apr 8, 2011 02:04 pm

#3 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: Diversion load water heater
Larry, is this tank used exclusively for the diversion load? 
Yes.
Do you have a second HW tank for your main domestic hot water?
Yes.
Does this Kemore tank preheat water going into another tank? 
Yes.
What is the diversion load coming from? Wind, Hydro, PV?
Wind and PV.
How much power is going into the element?
My system is 850 watts.
How many gallons in the Kenmore?
40 gal.
Hopefully there is a T & P relief valve on the tank along with a vaccuum relief for safety.
Yes. There is an 85 gal. pressure tank inline before this diversion unit. And after the diversion unit is the solar hot water system storage tank. The diversion unit is to operate only form my Xantrex c-60 diversion load settings running on 12 volt dc current only. Originally, a 240 volt ac. Is there anything other then the element, that I have to change on the diversion unit to operate on dc only? Like the thermostat or is that ok?

Posted by Larry Lupole on Apr 7, 2011 06:54 pm

#4 -  AltE > Discussion > Diversion load water heater
I have a low voltage water heater element ALR-12/24-WHE to replace the existing heat element for my diversion load. My system is a 12 volt system. The diversion water heater is a Kenmore single element 240 volt ac unit. Is there any other settings I need to change on the water heater other then just changing the heat element?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!