Joe DeBottis's posts

Posted by Joe DeBottis on Nov 17, 2007 01:43 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Cansolair Type Soda Can Solar Heater - Hungarian Website
Anyone speak Hungarian?

http://www.freeweb.hu/napenergia/gyak/szp/sztgyi.htm

I found this Cansolair type DIY site, but it is in Hungarian.  I tried using the web to translate it, but it doesn't come out very well.

Can anyone translate this page from Hungarian to English?

Thanks for you help.

Posted by Joe DeBottis on Nov 17, 2007 09:30 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Converting a regular heat tape (gutter ice) to work off a 15W Solar Collector?
I am a solar newbie, experimenting with a Northern Industrial Tools High Wattage Solar Panel – 15 Watt.

I would like to use it to temporarily power a heat tape to clear ice from an 8-foot length of gutter.  Is there a way that I can modify a regular 8-foot, 120v heat tape and wire it directly to this panel?

The 15 watts from the panel should be enough to help clear the ice from this small section of gutter, but I need to know how to either convert a heat tape, or make one myself.

Thanks for your help.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!