Jean Towns's posts

Posted by Jean Towns on Nov 30, 2008 10:48 am

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Is PV economical in Mass?
Mass. currently has the Commonwealth Solar rebate program that offers up to $6.50 / watt rebate for installing a PV system.  That along with the 30% Federal tax credit can help pay for a significant portion of your system.
Check out
http://www.masstech.org/renewableenergy/commonwealth_solar/index.html

-JT

Posted by Jean Towns on Aug 21, 2008 02:58 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Ventilation system for Off Grid house
I'm under construction building an Off Grid, Super insulated house in VT.  I'm trying to find a ventilation (HRV/ERV) system that will use a minimum or electricity.  I'd prefer a DC system to avoid the DC/AC conversion.   Does anyone have any useful experience in this area ?  What systems would you recommend ?

Thanks !

Jean

Posted by Jean Towns on Dec 5, 2007 01:21 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Inverter/Battery Space Requirements
I'm building an Off Grid house.  I'm trying to find out what "Codes" are for the space requirements locating the inverter and batteries.   I have a 5ft wide by 12 ft long area in a "crawl space" under the eave of the house which has a 12 pitch roof.  One side of the 5 ft wide section is 2.5 ft high and the other side is 7.5 ft high.  There's enough room on the wall for a 4ft x 4ft mounding of the inverter and I can easily stand 3-5ft away and see the inverter.   There's more than enough room for the batteries with a 2 ft walkway alongside.   I've got one "solar expert" that tells me this space will work and another that tells me it won't.  I have not been able to get any specifics on why it won't work.   The house is located in VT.   Can anyone tell me what the "codes" are specifically looking for so I can figure out if it will meet code or not ?   I haven't been able to find any specifics about this in the NEC 2005 codebook so far but I could be missing the appropriate section.   

Thanks !!!

Jean

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!