James Mei's posts

Posted by James Mei on Nov 2, 2009 12:59 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Rebate Programs and Net Metering regulations > solar energy tax credit question
To get tax credit from federal or local government, the equipments must come from one of the qualified manufacturer? if yes, how do I know if the manufacturer is on the list?

Can I build myself bying buy parts from multiple places to get the tax credit?

Can I buy imported equipment to get the tax credit?

thanks,

Posted by James Mei on Nov 2, 2009 12:06 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > temperature setting question
I have an old working solar panel hot water system. It is more than 20 yrs old on the house we bought in 07. There are two close loops and an exteral heat exchanger. On the controller (also more than 20yrs old, i think), there are two temperture clocks to set the max temperature and the difference of the temperature.

My question is the max temperature is the max temperature of the water tank or is the max temperature of the water inside the solar loop? or it is for both?

The water heater tank has max temperature limitation. how can I max the energy from sun but not over the tank limitation. thanks

Posted by James Mei on Sep 13, 2009 09:53 pm

#3 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: want to buy SE62-80H-045S tank
Hi Jim,
Thank you for your information. Just wondering how you store your propane? big tank or small tank? how often to fill the tank if it is a small tank?
thanks,
James M

Posted by James Mei on Sep 13, 2009 08:30 am

#4 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: want to buy SE62-80H-045S tank
thank you, Tom. I think you are right. electric back up may not be a good idea. but water heater with exchanger is very expensive. I got a quotation for superstor 80 gals. It will cost $2300. I am thinking convert to gas soon and just buy a water heater without electric back up and install a gas tankless for back up. do you think it sounds a good idea?

Tom, my email is good. the first letter is l for little and ended with double zero seven.

thanks,

Posted by James Mei on Sep 2, 2009 04:50 pm

#5 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: want to buy SE62-80H-045S tank
Thank you Tom. That is a really good idea. But I need to compare the cost for now. Do you have any recommendation for water heater with heat exchanger and the estimate cost? You can send an email to me if you want, lmei007 @ yahoo.com

The Super Stor doesn't have electric element for back up. It will be nice to have an element. I am using oil to heat the house and thinking about convert to gas. Before that I have to make sure we have hot water during rain days.

thanks,

Posted by James Mei on Aug 27, 2009 03:25 pm

#6 -  AltE > Discussion > want to buy SE62-80H-045S tank
Want to buy above tank to replace my existing leaking tank. I am in Boston area. My zip code is 02420. Anybody can tell me the shipping cost? thanks,

Posted by James Mei on Jul 31, 2007 01:21 pm

#7 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > What's solar fluid used in my system?
Did you see/have a similar solar system like mine? Please refer the photos in this link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lmei007
You can see a larger photo if you click on each photo.

Can you tell me what is the solar fluid used in that system? Water, Glycols or oils?

I have another post about my system here: http://forums.altenergystore.com/Renewable-Energy/RE-General-Discussion/Help-needed-for-Solar-Panel-Hot-Water-sy/index.php/topic,1022.0.html

Thanks,

James

Posted by James Mei on Jul 23, 2007 11:25 am

#8 -  AltE > Discussion > Help needed for Solar Panel Hot Water system
I am new here and I don't know where should be the right place to place my post. here is my post : http://forums.altenergystore.com/Renewable-Energy/RE-General-Discussion/Help-needed-for-Solar-Panel-Hot-Water-sy/index.php/topic,1022.0.html

thank for your time.

Posted by James Mei on Jul 23, 2007 11:20 am

#9 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Help needed for Solar Panel Hot Water system
Hi Everybody,

I just bought a house from a bank. It is forclosure. So there are many things we don't know about the house. The solar panel hot water system is one of them.

Here are some information of the system:

1. Storage Tank: SE62-80H-045S (a product from here, 6 years old);
2. Optimizer: Novan Energy FXB1000D Optimizer;
3. Solar Controller: CM-30 Solar Controller;

I am new to solar system. I have many questions on it:

1. How to adjust the hot water temperature? or how to control the hot water temperature?
2. How do I know the solar panel is working?
3. How can I make best use of the solar to minimize the electric usage? We use lots of hot water at night but not in the morning, how can we control the assisted electric will not heat the water at night and wait until next day's sun shine?
4. We live in Boston, MA and winter is very cold. Do we need to do anything special to make sure the pipes will not freezen in the cold wheather?

Anybody can help? Thank you in advance.

James

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!