May 7th and the new UL 1741 and IEEE 1547

578 Posts
May 3, 2007 11:35 am
May 7th and the new UL 1741 and IEEE 1547

hey folks,
we have heard a lot of questions about the new grid-intertie inverter standards that come into effect on 7 may.  there is no need for panic or to delay potential purchases or installs.

all inverters manufactured before 7 may are under the old rules and can be sold and installed into the future without problems.

inverters manufactured after the 7th must meet the new regulations.  SMA's (sunny boy) inverters that are scheduled for manufacture under the new rules will have the suffix -US for meeting the new rules of the american market.  I will be looking into changes in other manufacturers' models and trying to post them on this thread as well.

Several companies have had to revise designs and come up with new models to meet the new rules.  We are trying to get the new models on the site as fast as possible, but in some cases, pricing and product distribution may not be ready immeadiately.

I am trying to learn more quickly, but the changes seem to cover the issue of connecting the neutral on the ac side.  I will look into this further and post on this thread in the coming days.

please share what you know, and I'll do the same

james - Alt-E staff (on location in chicago)

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!