Free telecommunication batteries

22 Posts
Jan 30, 2007 06:34 am
Free telecommunication batteries

Upgrading a jobsite in Colonie New York (near Albany), we have about 20 2v lead acid batteries that weigh around 300lbs. each and about 40 6 volt lead acid batteries about 60lbs. each. All batteries are operating a microwave radio system now and are in spec's. Must pick up yourself. I have take quite a few for my alt. energy home and hate to see a re-cycler take them. Batteries are about 10 years old.
   Steve Bird
   413-822-1104 mobile
   413-684-3103 home

578 Posts
Jan 30, 2007 11:28 am
Re: Free telecommunication batteries

Wow steve!

that is very generous of you to think of the RE community.  I wish my vw golf was running, I would have a hatch fulla lead, haha. 

jump on this guys!

good work steve

james - Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

22 Posts
Jan 30, 2007 08:12 pm

Jee, whats up with the V-Dub...can't be major I hope.
 Makes me cry to see a load of these batteries go to scrap, but I am making an effort!
               Steve

578 Posts
Feb 1, 2007 10:24 am

ugh, the fleet is in a sorry state right now Sad.

golf: diagnosis dead tranny

rabbit convertible:  just yesterday blew oilpan gasket

Biodiesel jetta:  driveable but exciting due to clutch/tranny issues.

I'll be working at our latin america headquarters for until 23 feb, so I REALLY can't come get them.

somebody pick them up!!! and thanks for the effort steve.  At least batteries are fully recycleable.

james - Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

22 Posts
Feb 1, 2007 07:29 pm

Well james, good news and bad news...the batteries have been all spoken for. A fellow from upstate NY will be glad to take a busload and a fellow from your area will take a load also. Now the bad news..I just returned from Belize...well Ambergris Caye and I surely do wish they were are neighbors from the North....anyway, it will be darn close to zero this weekend..my blood is not used to this!
 Good luck with your fleet!
   Steve
 PS. anyone have a stream generator that they are using? I am in need of some answers before I put one together.

3 Posts
Feb 16, 2007 10:09 am

What brand and specific type are they?
Do you know th specific gravity?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!