Used composting toilet

2 Posts
Oct 18, 2006 12:06 pm
Used composting toilet

Hi all,

I am looking for a used composting toilet in good condition. I live in the DC area but wouldbe willing for pay for shipping if it is not prohibitive.

Please contact me is you are selling one.

Thanks,

Bridgette

3 Posts
Nov 3, 2006 12:30 pm
Re: Used composting toilet

I do have an Envirolet DC composting toilet.  Only used one season.  I just listed it on www.craigslist.com for the Madison, WI area ($499) if you're interested in checking it out. 

2 Posts
Nov 3, 2006 02:43 pm

If Bridget is not interested I might purchase it... like she said, depends on shipping cost... but let me know if she doesn't get it.

3 Posts
Nov 8, 2006 11:38 pm

I'd prefer to have the item picked up rather than shipped.

1 Posts
Nov 10, 2006 06:31 am

Take my advice..

You would be much better off to build one and make a compost area. I used an Envirolet for a couple of years and it never did as stated. For the cash I spent on the Envirolet I could have built 15 home brew units that are much easier to operate and take up less space. I'm in contact with many folks in my situation and brand doesn't matter. The only units that have had a positive review are the ones that are connected to the grid..

If you're planning to be off grid, Build your own system..

Nov 21, 2006 02:31 pm

Hi,

I'm going to list a used envirolet basic on ebay in about a week or so.  it was used for about 2 month's while reconstruction was being done on a home.  They LOVED it.  It never smelled and worked great.  It has been thoroughly cleaned with bleach.  Incidentally, the owner's husband who cleaned is a dentist by trade.  check out my website  www.foundvalue.com/heather over the next couple of weeks.

2 Posts
Nov 27, 2006 11:20 am

Don,

If you have any plans that would be great.

Thanks,

Bridgette

PS I have only one floor to work with so I cant have an under the floor collector.

May 8, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi,

If you ares till looking for a composting toilet, we have a used Clivus Multrum, top of the line composting toilet.  These sell for $8,000, but we are willing to part with it for $800. You could check out what these look like on the Clivus Multrum website. Shipping would probably amount to about $200, but I would have to check.

Dr. Hans van Leeuwen
leeuwen @ iastate.edu

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!