Led lighting

14 Posts
Oct 15, 2006 03:08 pm
Led lighting

Hello all

I'm a little confused! I'm trying to figure out the amp hours I need for my future set up. So obviously I'm trying to find appliances and fixtures that use the least amount of energy possible. My lighting was planned with floresent bulbs that use 13-15 watts 120AC. Now I figure I can save amp hours by not needing to convert to AC so I've been looking at the Led DC lighting, uses very few watts!! But does it mean to match my  lighting capactiy of 800 lumen with one florecent bulb I need (800 Lumen) divided by 15 lumen from a 12 volt led? That means I need 53.3 led bulbs to match the lighting capactiy of one florescent AC?HuhHuh??

Thanks,
Carlos Cabanas

30 Posts
Oct 16, 2006 01:11 pm
Re: Led lighting

Hi Carlos - you should consider using 12vdc compact fluorescent lights (CFLs).  We are using them in 12 volt off-grid systems and other than being a little bit more expensive that 120VAC CFL's, they serve the purpose very well.  You can find them here and on other sites too.

We also use LED lighting but for very limited, up-close task lighting and night lights, etc.  Their output is quite low for general illumination use. 

Tom Hardy, PE
HVTA, Inc.

14 Posts
Oct 16, 2006 03:54 pm

Tom

Thanks for the response! Didn't realize that 12vdc floro lights existed!! Like I said I have a long way to go!!

Carlos Cabanas

30 Posts
Oct 16, 2006 04:39 pm

No problem, glad to help!

TH

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!