egg-beater style windmill

1 Posts
Mar 20, 2001 01:29 am
egg-beater style windmill

would like to know why these were discontinued, and if anyone has one or more they would like to part with. parts are okay, as long as they will fit together. a working model would be great, however we can't always get what we want.

8 Posts
Dec 22, 2001 01:28 am
Re: egg-beater style windmill

I have heard tht these require a starter for low velosity winds. Tower turbine requires much lower speed to run. IMR. am interested in specs of your machine, pics? plans?

2 Posts
Jan 20, 2002 10:43 pm
Re: egg-beater style windmill

Dear Leonard

I currently own 8 Deralius (eggbeater style)wind turbines. They stand 32 meters high, have a max blade radius of 23 meters and produce 150 kw @ 460 volts. They are currently grid connected. They do require an electric motor to start them turning. However that is all handled through the switch gear. The motor turns the rotating member up to 1750 rpms then cuts out. The wind then takes over and the motor switches over to a generator. The generator then runs at 1840 rpms. The system I have works OK but it is a very manual operation. You have to turn the switch on to start and off to stop it. The new systems are fully automated. This system could very easily be converted but we have moved onto bigger projects and they now sit idle. If you are interested in seeing them I can email you some pics and discuss a price at that time.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!