Help with Solar DHW design

1 Posts
Apr 4, 2006 12:18 pm
Help with Solar DHW design

I have read through the entire foum and find little information on Solar DHW.  

I am remodeling an old farm house, and want to use solar for DHW and heating.  

I think the plan is fairly sound.  

Solar with wood boiler backup.  I got the collectors used on ebay.  Most of the copper I picked up from used and recycle shops.  My hope is to heat DHW and then also another holding tank for the radiators in the house.  

The thing I need help with is this:

-I am having a hard time finding information on the required pipe size to and from the collectors / radiators.

-need information on pump sizing.  I don't want to get too little a pump, or too big a pump.

-Lastly, info on a defferintial controller that can do multiple things (i.e. circulate water to the wood boiler in the summer for a heat dump).

Thanks in advance for your help. I enjoyed reading the rest of the forum.
-Bryan

351 Posts
Apr 7, 2006 05:07 pm
Re: Help with Solar DHW design

Bryan:

We need a little more info before we can help you.

How many solar collectors do you have and what make and model are they.  If that info is not available, what size are they and what do they look like.

Same info required for the heat exchangers.

Also, where will you mount the solar collectors ? We need some idea of how high above the heatexchanger tank they will be,and how far hoizontally.

Oso

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!