Troubleshooting/HELP!!

1 Posts
Jan 31, 2006 06:13 pm
Troubleshooting/HELP!!

I have 6 Kyocera 125 watt panels/ 750 watts total...24 volt system. Plus a 950 watt Lakota wind generator to supplement. Top of line Cummings generator. It runs twice a day. How can I check to see if my arrays are working?Huh? My load amps are around 3 consistantly. AM i just using too much energy for my system?Huh

29 Posts
Feb 5, 2006 12:31 am
Re: Troubleshooting/HELP!!

First I assume that your system is off-grid with 24V battery bank, if not my following info might not help at all.
When you have a good solar charge controller it will have a display function and maybe even a daily statistic of Amp hours charged this day/week... and a battery status display.
Charge metering for windturbines seems to be difficult, at least I havn't found a meter with daily statistics.
What is the load Ampere (constant 3A) at 24V DC, or inverted to 120V AC or 240V AC ?? When running 24h a day just multiply 24h * 3A * xxx Volt to get KWH. Example for 120VAC : 24h*3A*120V = 8640Watt hours or 8.46 KWH a day.
The PV modules at 4h rated full sunshine equivalent a day could produce 3 KWH average, the Lakota anywhere between 0 KWH (no wind) and 24 KWH (strong gale). External battery charging via generator depends on the DC charge current of your inverter, when it charges 50A for 24V its just 1200W independed how much KW your generator might be producing.
Some inverters have a low voltage alarm contact, which can be programmed and used as generator starter, so only if load is too high or battery empty (low voltage) the generator is started.  

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!