Abandon fossil fuels!

2 Posts
Aug 26, 2005 05:40 pm
Abandon fossil fuels!

We don't need to conserve fuel. We don't need to drill for more oil. We do not need to invest time and money in finding new methods for extracting oil from existing wells. Oil is a nasty, polluting, foul smelling substance. Most importantly it is a dead end resource. To do any of the above is procrastination. Its gonna run out, get used to the idea and start doing something now! http://www.airusa.org

Sep 19, 2005 04:44 am
Re: Abandon fossil fuels!

Wouldnt that be great?
I believe it would be more like "kicking the fossil fuel habit."
It truly is an addiction.
Burning coal for electricity, burning crude oil for transportation. Not unlike cooking up cocaine and water in a spoon, then drawing it into a hypodermic syringe and injecting it into the body. The only differance would be a "junky" has the choice of quiting or not, as citizens of a nation whose government is more a corporaton than a true democracy, we do not have that choice.

Because there is billions of dollars of revenues to be made from taxes on fossils fuels. The U.S.Government isnt going to bite the hand that feeds it.

The first step in recovering from any kind of dependency is to first admit that there is an addiction. This is going to be very difficult for Americans to do considering how vunerable it would makes feel in the global community.

Right now at this point in American evolution on the planet Earth, To stop utilizing fossil fuels cold turkey would send the nation into convulsions of the worst kind. Whatever a drug addict would have to go through to quit cold turkey, is what the nation would have to go through to quit burning coal for electricity and crude oil for transportation.

It would be great though.

Personally, I dont believe that Americans could faith hard enough. Were too sk-sk-skeered to even let go of foriegn oil! Whose going to do it? Who will be the first to faith in God?
After all, mankind went for well over 7,000 years without these things. For the most part the utiliztion of fossil fuels is less than the age of America as a free and independent nation.

There is a word that we all know. It doesnt get used very much these days. Its a powerful word. When you say it, you cant help yourself, it makes you smile and feel good about yourself. Its a word that been used for thousands of years. It has the same affect no matter when or in what language its spoken in. Can anyone geuss what it is?

2 Posts
Oct 2, 2005 02:04 pm

It would be great and you can be a part of it! Start an effort, create a project and we wil provide your web prescence and traffic! Can you handle it?

Dec 15, 2005 02:40 am

The answer should be Hydrogen I just got finished reading about a fireplace that uses water for fuel. What they do is apply some kind of electrolisis to the water that separates the Hydrogen and Oxygen. They burn the Hydrogen use part of the Oxygen to enhance the fire and send the rest into the room. The by-product is water vapor. It doesn't need to be vented.   Now it Cost $50,000 for a unit manufactured by I think Heat n Glo or whatever. They didn't say how much electricity was used to break down the water though. Toyota is also planning to build a Hydrogen powered car. They already are selling hybreds that run on gas and  electricity(two separate engines) the electricity is generated from the gas engine and  from the movement of the vehicle and is then stored in batteries that supply the electricity to the electric engine.

Wouldn't it be great if we could go to sleep now and wake up unaged a thousand years from now. That's if we don't all kill each other over something stupid like who gets to control the Oil. We are spending a ton of money to fund a war so that we can protect that oil when with all that money we could have already developed some practical solutions using Hydrogen which has the potential to save a ton of money that can be used to make earth a better all around place to live for all its inhabitants.

Dec 15, 2005 02:55 am

Oh I almost forgot! Whats the word that isn't used that much any more but has been around for thousands of years, that everyone knows, that makes us smile? I would have guessed Love or Money if it weren't for the fact you said it isn't used that much any more. Oh man there are so many words that fit the description. Well I'll guess IMAGINATION is the word.

Dec 15, 2005 03:05 am

Well as long as I'm here and awake I might as well take another stab at the answer to "there is a word" riddle! So so so many words OK here it goes could it be PRIDE.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!