mechanical thermostat for solar pool heater

2 Posts
May 25, 2000 04:46 am
mechanical thermostat for solar pool heater

I am search of a mechanical thermostat (the type and size one might find in an automobile). The problem is I need a activation range of 100 degrees or so. The type of thermostat found in autos operates in the range above 160 degrees  Anyone have any ideas?

8 Posts
Dec 22, 2001 01:40 am
Re: mechanical thermostat for solar pool heater

Thermostat available for use with solar water heating. ajustable. have one on a system I took out. will look for makers mark. will let you know when i see. IMR.

2 Posts
Mar 28, 2003 01:53 pm

Go to Home Depot and pick up an "upper" electric water heater thermostat. both NO/NC contacts available.  100 - 190 degrees

>I am search of a mechanical thermostat
>(the type and size one might
>find in an automobile). The problem
>is I need a activation range
>of 100 degrees or so. The
>type of thermostat found in autos
>operates in the range above 160
>degrees  Anyone have any ideas?
>

39 Posts
Apr 8, 2003 11:14 am

If you do some testing of the automobile thermostats, you will find that they begin to open at temperatures well below their rating to allow fluid to flow. They are usually open fully at their rating temp. What are you using this for?  A pasteurizer?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!