Small Hydro project

1 Posts
Jul 25, 2014 09:25 am
Small Hydro project

I am currently working on a small hydro generator for my boat. I have a 760w 48v DC perm mag motor with a 10/1 reduction. I am able to generate good voltage (25-30) and amps (5-12) from my unit with the prop and 5-6 knots speed. Now I need a controller.  Will something like the XANTREX C40 SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER 40A, 12/24/48V work?

Bob

47 Posts
Nov 18, 2014 01:58 pm
Re: Small Hydro project

You may want to treat it more like a wind turbine than a solar panel.  I'm thinking using something like the Solar Converters turbine controller would work for you.  http://www.altestore.com/store/Charge-Controllers/Dump-Loads-Dump-Load-Controllers/Diversion-Dump-Load-Controllers/Solar-Converters-Turbine-Dump-Load-Contrllr-48-V-30-A/p1329/ You'd also want to get a dump load to burn off the extra power when the battery is full.  This controller will manage that for you.

Amy
altE Store
Solar Queen

2 Posts
Jul 16, 2015 11:42 pm
Re: Small Hydro project

HI:
    THE SC -3215  solar charge contronller is for   solar , and your system is hydraulic electrogenerating . so  it is differents can't using together . we have MPPT solar charge controller series only for solar , we sorry about that . 

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!