Canada - plugging into my house.

7 Posts
Sep 17, 2012 12:17 pm
Canada - plugging into my house.

I thought I would start this thread, and see (hopefully) if I am wrong.
I purchased 3 - 110 watt solar panels, and a 300 watt grid tie inverter, with the plan of plugging it in, and saving a bit on the hydro.
Called up the local utility company, and they were surprised when I did not want a micro fit system, just a plain feed in, if I generate a bit too much, it gets used up on the next bill. . . no checks for surplus, none of that. . .
Surprisingly, the utility company told me I could do it !  They even offered to replace my power meter with one that could run backwards for free ! 

Then they referred me to the EPA or (I believe they are called) The Electrical Power Authority.  thats when I found out that the panels, the inverter - pretty much everything I have here is unusable.  Does not meet CANADIAN code, or standard or some B.S.

I am still looking into this thing, still hope to be able to one day plug this thing into my house, but it does not look good.

Will update when I get more info.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!