backup for SHW during a power outage

Aug 7, 2012 08:44 pm
backup for SHW during a power outage

I have an evacuated tube system (Seido tubes w/ a Purist pump station).  I would like a system to keep the pump going during a power outage (which happens too often here).  Can I install a PV panel to work the pump?  Do I need a battery, since it only has to work when the sun is shinning?  Can I isolate from the grid?  Any Ideals?

462 Posts
Aug 11, 2012 11:53 am
Re: backup for SHW during a power outage

Ed, I usually recommend a small pv panel and charge controller to charge a battery used in conjunction with a small inverter. Then you can use this setup year round to ensure that there is always power for your system.
 Step it up a little and you can have emergency power for other appliances and lights, as well as tv and radio for emergency information, should the power go out.
 If you have natural gas for heating and cooking, think about getting several small inverters or one larger one to operate these appliances since they use minimal power. Oil burners and electric stoves use more power but can be compensated for with a larger inverter.

Just look around here at AltE for components or give them a call and  I am sure they can set you up with a system that is within your needs and budget.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!