Lorentz PS600 Photovoltaic Pool Pump System

2 Posts
Feb 20, 2012 10:47 pm
Lorentz PS600 Photovoltaic Pool Pump System

I had no luck finding any reviews for this product prior to my purchasing the system...so I hope this helps anyone who might be searching:
The pump is strong enough to run my creepy crawly. this was my biggest concern.
As long as there is direct sunlight on the panels, the pump pushes more than enough water to run the creepy crawly:

I just finished the insatall at my home here in Hawaii. I am very please with the system.
I installed 6 trina 185Watt panels, I used quick mounts for mounting the rails on my asphalt shinkle roof, this took about 3 hrs. Most of the time spent was making sure I hit the joist with the  hanger bolt. I spaced the mounts 6 feet apart. Portrait orientation.
All the mounting hardware is sold seperatly.
The pump, controller and disconnect comes prewired, however I would recommend that you fully inspect all the factory wiring. I"M GLAD I DID, BUT I WONT ELABORATE.
I installed jandy valves in my system so i can isolate each pump, so i can run the AC pump if needed. I don't think i will ever use my AC pump again, I HOPE.
My AC pump has a 3/4 hp motor, 1.25hp is stamped on the side of the pump (not sure how this calculates out.
Total install time, by myself 10hrs + 2hrs to pound in the ground rod.

1 Posts
Feb 25, 2012 12:33 am
Re: Lorentz PS600 Photovoltaic Pool Pump System

Aloha James,
Where do you purchase a system like this? Is it better yo get it unwired? What is the issue with it being prewired?  I would like yo learn for myself how to do this. Can you point me in the right direction?
Thanks

Jan 3, 2013 01:05 pm

I'm also looking forward to install it at my home.I read out your interesting and informative post...done nice job there.Its dead easy and pretty difficult to go wrong.This information will be helpful for me.

Jan 5, 2013 12:58 pm

I'm also looking forward to install it at my home.I read out your interesting and informative post...done nice job there.Its dead easy and pretty difficult to go wrong.This information will be helpful for me.
pool supplies

2 Posts
Apr 24, 2014 10:40 pm

I had no luck finding any reviews for this product prior to my purchasing the system...so I hope this helps anyone who might be searching:The pump is strong enough to run my creepy crawly. this was my biggest concern. As long as there is direct sunlight on the panels, the pump pushes more than enough water to run the creepy crawly: Just finished the install at my home here in Hawaii. I am very please with the system.I installed 6 Trina 185 Watt panels, I used quick mounts for mounting the rails on my asphalt shingle roof, this took about 3 hrs. Most of the time spent was making sure I hit the joist with the hanger bolt. I spaced the mounts 6 feet apart. Portrait orientation.All the mounting hardware is sold separately. The pump, controller and disconnect comes pr-wired, however I would recommend that you fully inspect all the factory wiring. I'M GLAD I DID, BUT I WONT ELABORATE. I installed Jandy valves in my system so i can isolate each pump, so i can run the AC pump if needed. I dont think i will ever use my AC pump again, (I HOPE). AC pump has a 3/4 hp motor, 1.25hp is stamped on the side of the pump (not sure how this calculates out.Total install time, by myself 10hrs + 2hrs to pound in the ground rod.

This is an off-grid system

4/24/2014: System is still operating like a champ. Installed in January of 2012. I figure I've saved about $2,800.00 to date. I paid around $6,900.00 for the system and installed it myself. With the Hawaii credits i figure i paid about $2,500.00 for the system..so it's paid for itself already.

The pump runs from dusk till dawn. Can't imagine the cost to run my AC pump for that amount of time.
My pool stays much cleaner as well.
Less maintenance too.

1 Posts
Apr 19, 2015 04:52 pm
Re: Lorentz PS600 Photovoltaic Pool Pump System- Update 4/19/2015

System still working great, no issues for 3 years now.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!