KC120's

12 Posts
Aug 13, 2011 11:45 pm
KC120's

I have an opportunity to purchase 20-KC120's fom an estate sale. I know that there were issues with panels built between 2000-2002 and Kyocera was replacing these. Does anyone know if the warranty is still good on these units? They were built 5/2001.

Thanks in advance..

462 Posts
Aug 15, 2011 10:50 am
Re: KC120's

Don, here is one post that states the warranty. Easy enough to find. Just searched for kyocera 120 pv warranty....

http://www.w3studio.net/sunera/kyocera_pv_module.html

anyway, 20% over 25 years. Not sure if the warranty will carry over to a second user though. You should be able to find a manual with the full warranty in it online somewhere. Just do a little more searching.
  Best to check them all, individually if possible, and make sure all are working up to or near specification to get the best bargain.

12 Posts
Aug 16, 2011 06:23 am

Thanks, Tom.

I read the following notice online and contacted Kyocera but haven't received a response as of yet..

Quote..
"2000-2002 year of manufactured Kyocera KC-120 aka KC120 panels have been reported to have bad batch's of panels that fail with interconnection failures and faults. No output, low output, intermittent output are reported symptoms and visually one can see burn or brown spots on the backside of the panel.

Kyocera has been honoring the warranty for these panels an as of 2008, is replacing entire arrays of panels with the KC-130 and no cost. they will also pay for an pre-approved installer to do the panels replacement ( labor )."

I'd hate to install these panels and find out later that I have an issue with some or all of them. I'll put another bug in their ear..

462 Posts
Aug 16, 2011 12:19 pm

Don, issues can happen anytime on anything. If they are in good shape, their output is good, you want or need them, and you can get them at a low price, go for it.
 When you go to install them, I would suggest a ground mount to keep installation and possibly removal cost down. Also you would be able to monitor the panels much easier, until you are sure the are okay.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!