Trace PS2512

6 Posts
Aug 28, 2010 04:49 pm
Trace PS2512

Ok this is an odd question but Ill ask anyways.
I have an old Trace PS2512 inverter that recently took a lightning spike and ate the control board.

Problem is, all the 'new' boards, what few are to be found are the xantrex boards that have the sell to grid feature disabled.  Does anoyone know where I can get one of the older boards with the old rom that supports sell to grid.  Or know where I can get the rom's at possibly?  Or how I can put this programming back in it.   Yes yes I know the history behind it and about the UL listing, I work for a power company and know the ramifications of using the thing.

Trace was bought out by Xantrex, and a few years ago the engineers at Xantrex told me this would be no problem to just request one from them, but now that Xantrex has been bought out by Schneider electric, it seems all that stuff is lost.

I really hate to get rid of a good inverter just because of a stupid board that you can't find the parts for anymore.  One idea I was toying with is putting the rom's from the old board into a newer board, and praying the roms didnt take the hit either, but that still leaves me with trying to clone another set of them.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Aaron

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!