solar panels output

4 Posts
Apr 23, 2010 03:40 am
solar panels output

Ihave the option of installing a 200w panel or 2-100w panels in parallel.which option should i take and why
Regards
shaman abla

Apr 23, 2010 04:49 pm
Re: solar panels output

Well, there is a phrase that is used Shaman Abla, maybe you have heard it? It goes "All things being equal..."

?

If I were to assume that you have found these particular PV modules to be of equal abilities then, all things being equal, I would use the single 200 PV module.
Why?
Simple, less wiring to do and the mounting would be less complex.

Without particulars on the PV modules and the intended region ie; equatorial, polar, or a median, I can't help you any more than that.

4 Posts
Apr 24, 2010 02:58 pm

Thank you for your reply

8 Posts
May 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Hello Shaman,

Thomas has it right in that "all things being equal", 1 solar module is easier to install and wire up correctly than 2.  That said, don't rely solely on wattage of the PV modules in question as your criteria for the equality of the modules. 

Just because the output way be the same in terms of watts, that does not mean that the two options would work equally as well.  They may operate at different voltages, even if the output in wattage is the same.  This effects the other components in a system, or may not allow one option to be used with other equipment.

Be sure to consider all of the specifications of the solar modules you are considering, not just the raw output. 

I hope that helps!

Eric Pedersen
AltE(R) Staff

Making Renewable Do-ableā„¢
www.altEstore.com
T: 877.878.4060 x141 or +1.978.562.5858 x141
eric @ altEstore.com

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!