AGM batteries and equalization charge?

39 Posts
Dec 21, 2009 09:30 pm
AGM batteries and equalization charge?

I'm setting up a system with Haze AGM batteries and an Ampair mini hydro (UW100).  Unfortunately the only charge controller produced and recommended by Ampair for their hydro is set to automatically periodically give an equalization charge of 14.4V to the batteries (this function can not be disabled).  My Haze documentation states that the max charge for their batteries is 14.4V.  Will this periodic equalization charge harm my batteries?  I know AGM batteries are not supposed to be equalized, but that's the only charge controller designed for my hydro, and the voltage IS within the max specs for the batteries.  What do you think?

1 Posts
Dec 22, 2009 04:19 pm
Re: AGM batteries and equalization charge?

According to one of the techs at Concord/Lifeline when I asked this question of them (I have a Progressive Dynamics converter) no this only assures a full charge and does not hurt the battery.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!