Info needed for solar system on my boat

1 Posts
Mar 14, 2003 01:26 pm
Info needed for solar system on my boat

I want to install a solar system on my 26 foot sailboat but I don't know where to begin.  There seem to be so many different kinds of solar panels out there that I don't know which would best suit me.  I need them to charge and maintain my 12volt batteries which run my lights, instruments, stereo and eventually small appliances.  Any information would be very appreciated.

1 Posts
Apr 8, 2003 08:35 pm
Re: Info needed for solar system on my boat

I would be glad to help you.  Depending on the size, number of batteries and time between usage you can get a small system and perhaps a combination wind/solar package to help you charge your batteries.

send me an email and we can discuss.

jmiggins @ cox.net

39 Posts
Apr 29, 2003 12:52 pm
Re: Info needed for solar system on my boat

the types that you should be looking into are unbreakable and marine type modules. These will better handle the elements at sea. If all you are running is 12 volt appliances on your boat then installation will only require one or two panels and a properly sized controller hooked up to your deep cycle battery...

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!