Solar DHW

9 Posts
Aug 31, 2009 04:26 pm
Solar DHW

Looking for input on solar flat plate vs evacuated tube collectors in New England...any info appreciated with regard to efficiency, operating in cold climate, durability, etc.

Thx...

BF

578 Posts
Aug 31, 2009 04:53 pm
Re: Solar DHW

home power issue 132, was the cover story, flat plates v evac tubes.

james
altE staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

462 Posts
Sep 2, 2009 11:10 am
Re: Solar DHW

Bruce, also check out this site, www.solarishot.com, it has a real time output comparison of the two types of systems...I normally suggest flat plate panels over evacuated tubes. Evacs can lose their vaccuum over time, replacement tubes may not exist for certain models over time, volume of heated water is less, repairs can be an issue, total area vs. collector area is usually less, it adds a second heat exchanger to the equation....But I am sure you will find many arguements that support evacs. I think the forementioned site settles a lot of diputes for operation parameters, so maintenence becomes the big issue in my mind.....

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!