Over 7,000 years of practice...

Jun 24, 2009 05:10 am
Over 7,000 years of practice...

One would think that with over 7,000 years of practice the human race would have "it" all figured out by now.
What is "it"?
Life on Earth of course! What else is there for us?

We have all heard the stories, the tragedies involving; planes, trains and, automobiles; boats, buses and, rocketships. Take the lastest Metro train collision for example.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31495088/ns/us_news-life/
 The authorities have yet to ascertain the reason or reasons for the crash yet. There is speculation that the trains are aged and in need of retrogrades or replacement. Obviously if they are computer controlled then it was the computer that put them on a collision course to start with. Then there is always the chance of "pilot error" or in this case "brakeman" error.
Any way we look at it, its human error.

Take a look at this and ask yourself this question.
http://www.babcock.com/products/modular_nuclear/
Do we really need a gypsy with a crystal ball to fortell a future event?

I suppose I will just have to wait and see. Pray that it doesn't happen to me. That is what we do right? At least that is what I am accustom to witnessing most other people do. It would seem to be the norm.

It would seem to me sometimes that, whatever divine power there is in the universe that decides the fate of mankind, that this entity, has been lenient with mankind and has given us a life sentence on Earth with all of the delights of nature. Of sunlight and air and rich biodiversity. But we have chosen to commit suicide. Oh, not in one decisive stroke like jumping of a high rise our putting a shotgun in our mouth, but self termination all the same.
Pity about Earth.

52 Posts
Jun 26, 2009 01:48 pm
Re: Over 7,000 years of practice...

Was it the same divine power that also gave us a universe of increasing entropy?

If we assume, for the sake of discussion, that we are in a suicide, a 'fall' one might say, and most people would just "wait and see" rather then take action then what do the few, outside the norm, who wish to take action do about it. Those concerned would have two courses of action- 1) fight to make corrective changes, or to continue the metaphor- become a surgeon and repair the wounds self inflicted or 2) flee. 

27 Posts
Jun 26, 2009 02:01 pm

The future is not written, and so far I'm optimistic for the future. As a whole I think most people have the potential to be human but choose to delve into their animal instincts mostly in regards to wants and drives. But there is an evolution happening where we might have a chance to reach our full potential without destroying our mother earth. This forum is a perfect example of the few trying to help the masses through living a RE lifestyle. And technology is advancing so quickly now as opposed to the last 7000 years. We might have ridden up to the edge of a cliff, but the advance in technology and a shift in human consciousness might in fact steer us back towards our potential. But like i said, I'm an optimist with a desire to help effect our/my future through avenues such as RE.

The Alternative Energy Store
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.AltEnergyStore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x101  or +1.978.562.5858 x101
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

184 Posts
Jul 8, 2009 10:36 pm

If you're reading this then you are one of the few who have an interest in alternative energy.  It's too bad that more people don't share that interest.  We had better embrace renewable energy sources before fossil fuels run out. 

Jul 14, 2009 05:33 am

Perhaps...
The past has past on? It has no relevance in the coming future? Dead and gone is the importance of what has gone on before us? That which is important is only what is to come? Just because we can create a thing, therefore by proclamation we must use that thing to the end of the Earth. Its the age old belief that "guns don't kill, people do." Call what you will... Good, evil. God or devil. Right or wrong, it makes no difference what name we give it, it was here before us and it will be here after we have gone. What matters is the time we have and what we choose to do with it. That would be great if it where just me to deal with but unfortunately there are over 6.8 billion others that want to inflict their will, in however small or large of way, over the Earth. The following is believed to have been written several thousands of years ago before human technology came to the forefront of our minds and our obcession for energy to the center of our hearts. Renewable energies is an ansewer, but its not the ansewer. Its a patch used in an effort to keep a gapping, bleeding wound clean. http://www.heaven.net.nz/writings/thebookofenoch.htm
Call me crazy but I just think there is more to life than persuing every way possible to possess energy here on Earth. Is it not just enough to live here?
« Last Edit: Jul 14, 2009 05:37 am by Thomas Allen Schmidt »

97 Posts
Jul 14, 2009 11:38 pm

I am trying to avoid two subjects here.......politics and religion, because they are so controversial and sometimes lead to heated controversy, and of little service to this forum, but I would like to point out that the original inhabitants of this continent, the native americans, were here for 15 thousand years.......long before the immigrants landed with their religion and politics, and had a simple theology of reverence for mother earth and father sky.  They did not own the land and sky, but rather thought the land and sky owned them. I am Ojibwe indian and try to honor this philosophy, and also see the movement towards alternative energy in alignment with this respect for the planet. We have no more right to the planet than any other species. We do not own it, but we must learn to honor our place and try to live in harmony with the elements.  The future of our species depends on this simple concept. Peace to all. :-)  Jon C. 

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!