Jun 9, 2009 12:09 am
solar panels

[Post removed due to being an ad]
« Last Edit: Jun 9, 2009 09:37 am by Nick Albright »

220 Posts
Jun 9, 2009 01:20 am
Re: solar panels

hello bobby key,

i checked out your website. not a whole lot of info there. could not find much on innovosolar either? can you point me to where i can see that UL listing for those modules?

are you aware that the folks who make this forum possible are dealers of photovoltaic modules as well as other RE products. it's how they earn their living. i'm surprised that competitors "ads" even stay on the board. not sure if i could be so at ease with it. so cheers to AltE.

so bobby you may have a great company there and those innovosolar modules could be the best thing to come down the pike but i gotta call you on that ul thingy.

best regards, dave

Jun 9, 2009 05:16 am

I second that cheer.
I for one have a sincere respect for the Alt-E Store in as much as they are willing to maintain a community forum and not just another "love only me, and praise only me, mention any other and despair bulletin board."
http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/11/1097406478358.html?from=storyrhs
Think about, who would Rocky be without Apollo Creed.
The eye of the tiger Bobby.
I too have placed links to other stores, but not as an attack on Alt-E. Renewable energy is very expensive to implement. The fact that the U.S. government as well as state governments offer incentives (government assistance)  to purchase them and the RE industry promotes this, is testimony to that fact. If those incentives were not there I doubt RE would be selling as well as it is today.

As for the UL standards, "the winds of change they are a blowin."
http://www.innovosolar.com/img/TEM165-180M-B.pdf
I didn't see the UL "stamp" ether but...

http://www.iec.ch/online_news/etech/arch_2005/etech_0405/news.htm

http://www.ul-asia.com/news_nl/2007-Issue24/page8.htm

184 Posts
Jun 9, 2009 09:13 am

Considering the abundance of problems associated with all kinds of products from China (toys, dog food, human food, etc.), I'd be reluctant to buy Chinese-made solar panels.  Even if they do perform as advertised, I wonder if they will continue to perform well in say 10 years...  Chinese manufacturers may someday turn their image around, just as Japan did with electronics products many years ago, but I just don't see it happening in the near future.  But hey, that's just my opinion.

2 Posts
Jun 9, 2009 12:05 pm

Hello,

The UL certificate # is E315504

220 Posts
Jun 9, 2009 07:11 pm

mr. key,

thank you for that cert # and it looks like we can trace those modules back to that factory.

i would have wagered that your initial post was a spambot. so sorry to have been such a pessimist about the rating.

i wish you every success in your new endeavour. if there is a chance to have some input with your china supplier i would suggest that you advise them to do a total rework of their web page. and not use phrases like "warranty good if wires drop off"..gotta love some of those Chinese web pages!

as to the merging of UL and IEC ratings.  "the winds of change they are a blowin." if i'm following this right..it looks like a move in the right direction. sure will be nice to be able to see any rating and know you are good to go.

kind regards, dave

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!