Reduce Your Carbon Footprint With Clever Shopping Tactics

2 Posts
May 22, 2009 06:14 am
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint With Clever Shopping Tactics

Recently I've put some thoughts into ways in which I can do my bit in helping to save the planet. Besides the obvious of not wasting water while cleaning my teeth I also thought long and hard about ways in which to reduce my carbon footprint while out shopping.

One of the things of living in Australia is that distances are mighty vast and therefore living without a car is near impossible unless you live in a city with a good transport system.

However, while I do need a car I can save on unnecessary trips by:

*** always shopping with a list in order to avoid too many return trips to the shops.

*** never shop on an empty stomach or when hungry since we end up buying crappy snacks that are not only unnecessary, but also wrapped in plastic - therefore damaging the environment further.

*** never accept plastic shopping bags. Instead take your own recycled bags or use boxes that can be re-used.

What do you think? Do you have anything else to add?
Monika
www.CreatingNRG.com

184 Posts
May 22, 2009 02:41 pm
Re: Reduce Your Carbon Footprint With Clever Shopping Tactics

There are so many things that can be done that I hardly know where to start.  Perhaps the best approach is to make conservation a way of life.  Here are a few thoughts concerning groceries and shopping:  When it's time to replace an appliance, get the most energy-efficient model available.  However, don't get a refrigerator so small that it necessitates extra trips to the grocery store.  Buy locally-grown food as much as possible.  Grow your own food, indoors and outside.  Learn to preserve food for consumption off-season.  Use greywater for lawns and gardens whenever possible. 

May 23, 2009 03:26 pm
Re: Reduce Your Carbon Footprint With Clever Shopping Tactics

http://www.thenaturalhome.com/
Now if you really want to reduce gasoline consumption just reduce horsepower.
http://www.buggy.com/

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!