Morning Star Tristar-45 charger

4 Posts
Mar 16, 2009 06:42 am
Morning Star Tristar-45 charger

I order a Morning Star Tristar charger for my RV solar system. I'm in the process of planing the layout and was wondering if this charger makes any noise while charging. I can mount it in a cupboard in the camper if it doesn't make any noise but the last thing I want to go to sleep hearing is a constant buzzing or whining.
 Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
 Bob

578 Posts
Mar 17, 2009 12:04 pm
Re: Morning Star Tristar-45 charger

PWM charge controllers often buzz, humm, or click.  the tristar is 45 or 60a, how much pv do you have??

also with pwm controllers, emi can be problematic for television sets, radios and such.

the common solution to avoid these is to use a shunt type controller.  the ones from specialty concepts are popular, but there are others as well.  they dont make any that go to 45a, so the question comes back to what the array is.

james
altE staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

4 Posts
Mar 17, 2009 05:11 pm
Re: Morning Star Tristar-45 charger

James
 I'm getting 2 Evergreen 205W Panels. I can always mount the charger on the front on the trailer and make a waterproof box to cover it.
 The charger is the 45.
Bob
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2009 05:13 pm by Robert Baker »

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!