Looking for solar-powered pool heater...

1 Posts
Dec 23, 1999 01:45 pm
Looking for solar-powered pool heater...

I'm looking into finding a solar-powered pool heater.  Wondering if you carry them or can direct me to an on-line site that does. Much appreciative.

65 Posts
Dec 24, 1999 05:19 pm
Re: Looking for solar-powered pool heater...

Hi John,
No I'm sorry, we currently don't carry solar water heaters.  Although I've seen sites/stores that offering them occasionally on the web, I haven't been able to dig up any URLs.  

Anyone else have any suggestions of sites?

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able" (tm)
http://www.altEstore.com/

2 Posts
May 25, 2000 04:31 am

you can try this address:
hllywddan @ hotmail.com
I just found this address and have not checked it out.  DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK
i have put a heater together that works okay.
but I want to improve it by installing a thermostat (like the type found in a auto) I need to find one in the range of 100 degrees (do you know where I can find two of these?)

4 Posts
Jul 6, 2001 08:36 pm

John,
     I made one out of 2" black plastic pipe curved in a large circle about 5' high and placed in a glass enclosed box, attached a water pump and recycled the water in and out of the pool. Was hot enough, sometimes toohot, even in cool weather. Extends swimming about 1-2 mo.'s.

2 Posts
Jan 16, 2002 03:02 pm

>I'm looking into finding a solar-powered pool
>heater.  Wondering if you carry
>them or can direct me to
>an on-line site that does. Much
>appreciative.

Hi there - I am also trying to set up solar panels for my pool.  My pool store carried them until I tried to order some (of course!) then they told me they no longer had a supplier.  I have an above ground pool and it's just not hot enough....

2 Posts
Jan 16, 2002 03:05 pm

>John,      
>I made one out of 2"
>black plastic pipe curved in a
>large circle about 5' high and
>placed in a glass enclosed box,
>attached a water pump and recycled
>the water in and out of
>the pool. Was hot enough, sometimes
>toohot, even in cool weather. Extends
>swimming about 1-2 mo.'s.

This looks interesting - how big is your pool in gallons?
How did you mount the box, flat or vertical?  What did you do with the box in the winter?  There is a vast amount of snow where I live....
Any further suggestions would be great - A

5 Posts
Jan 24, 2002 11:39 pm

http://www.acrosolarlasers.com/

39 Posts
May 3, 2002 10:20 am

Using a car thermostat rated at 160 F will begin to open around 100 F anyway. The 160 Rating is when it is fully open.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!