windpowered generator

1 Posts
May 23, 2002 05:01 pm
windpowered generator

We are wanting to install a windmill on our property for alternative energy.  We are looking for a Tri-prop. with the necessary equipment for hook up.  We are novices and need help in what we need and how to install.  If anyone has the knowledge and would like to share please contact us.  Thank you, Judo and Dave.

29 Posts
May 25, 2003 11:18 am
Re: windpowered generator

How large is the generator you are wanting to use. The tower or tripod will have to be able to stand the wind loading the the generator propeller can cause. Like a small 400wat windgenerator can have a windloading of up to 18 square feet. So you will need to have a tower pole that can handle that or it will come down on a windy day and can hurt something or someone.

2 Posts
Oct 7, 2003 10:49 pm

Where are you located?  We sell and install fabulous, Lakota windmills in Ontario, Canada.  You can view them on our website at www.WattsGreen.com

They are very advanced with the latest technology available. Please email me directly if you have questions regarding our windmills.  One windmill alone will save you 70% on your electric bill.

Hope to talk to you later!
Sheila

4 Posts
Apr 16, 2004 10:38 am
novices

Hi-
I was a novice 23 yrs ago- learned some expensive lessons!
Are you planning to be independent or inter-tie with the grid?
I have two WGs.One for a remote system for batteries and one to become a power company and tie into the grid.
How's your wind? Will you have to put the genny way up or not so high at the top of a hill?
What are you planning to use?
that is just a start-there is much to figure out before you do or buy anything.
I am a believer in "appropriate" technology-can YOU fix it. (some call it low tech!) The fancier the rig-the more costly to buy and fix.

5 Posts
Nov 20, 2004 12:39 pm

I have a Jacobs wind generator, 36 volt, 2500 watts that I just listed for sale in the "selling" section if interested.  Feel free to email me with any questions; thanks!

Doug DeGroot

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!