diversion load controller

2 Posts
Aug 12, 2008 09:45 am
diversion load controller

I am looking for diversion load controller,  the 60A XANTREX or TRISTAR are the largest for sale .
 where I can find a 120A  model (minimun).
With my 12Vt batteries system with PV + Wind gen I carry (pick) 40A+60A= 100A load .
thanks

351 Posts
Aug 12, 2008 12:34 pm
Re: diversion load controller

I don't understand why you are considering your PV amperage for the diversion controller.
The PV should be connected through a solar charge controller. The wind through a diversion controller. The two systems should either meet at the batteries, or in a DC source center.

2 Posts
Aug 12, 2008 09:03 pm
Re: diversion load controller

Thanks Ken for your answer,
When I bought this house 6 years ago ( St Eustatius, Netherland Antilles)  it was equipped with PV panels and wing generator.
the former owner was very ingenious but installation was made with not too much logic.... it's was my first experience with  Re energy. 
Fortunately, I am an aircraft mechanic and the electricity rules are not too strange for me, so i learned by myself.
 now  back to my question , the old 120A diversion controller (dead)  was connected to the Batteries side with diversion to a ramp of lamps, that look like a Christmas's tree !!
The 4 ea PV panels are connected with their own (2ea ) Morning star (Prostar 30M ) controller .
if i well  understood ,I must consider only  the overload coming from the wind gene.  ( WISPER 1000  240 Vts ) 
I have ordered a new set of 3 X 4vts (1350 Ah) Surettes Batteries, and i  want to use them as long as possible !!
 the  mixed bench of batteries that it will replace is 18 years old now .... they still work, but if no sun, no wind  no storage!!..
Thanks again  Ken,   Regards, michel

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!