Do charge controller & inverter's builtin charger "conflict"?

May 24, 2008 11:28 am
Do charge controller & inverter's builtin charger "conflict"?

I'm designing a small (600W using 3 200W panels in series) off-grid system.

Current plan is the Apollo T80 charge controller, Outback VFX 3648 inverter/charger/AC transfer switch, and a single string of batteries @ 48 V.  I plan to use a Midnite Solar E Panel to hold breakers & tie it all together.

I actually have grid access, so I'll tie the grid into the Outback's AC input.

I plan to attach smallish loads to the Outback AC output, such that I shouldn't need to pull AC from the grid very often (only after several days of rain, maybe).

So ... here's my question: how does the charge controller (T80) and the inverter's charger "agree" on who should do the charging, when?  What if they both try to charge the batteries at the same time (and perhaps disagree on whether it's time for bulk vs absorb vs float)?  How can I configure the T80 and inverter to not step on each other?

Thanks!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!