Solar and Wind power getting started

1 Posts
Feb 15, 2002 08:41 am
Solar and Wind power getting started

I am interested in learning more about solar and wind  power energies.  I am planning on using both sources in the future.  What do I need to get started building my system.  I would like to use these energies with my future energy efficient get away.  I know that others have learned what works and what are the best economic solar and wind energy systems.  Can anyone give me advise on what is needed to begin and how do I get started.  Thank you
Ron T                                                                                      

2 Posts
Feb 28, 2002 05:06 pm
Re: Solar and Wind power getting started

Ron,

When I first started, I started small.  I didn't know if solar could fulfill all my electrical needs.  I bought 2x Seimen's 100 watt panels and 2x batteries and was able to power most of my house lighting (florescent)and watch tv for a few hours a day.  Then I took aim at powering the refrigerator via solar.  It took 4x 100 watt panels and 4 batteries to remove it from the grid. Now I'm up to 16x 100 watt panels and planning to tie into the grid.

There are several good solar books out there, 'The complete solar house', home power magazine, and real goods (a solar store) has an excellent book which talks about all the different solar components, different brands, and discusses the advantages/disadvantages of each.

You can also learn alot about solar and wind power generation by surfing the net and in forums like this one!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!